Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Layout Buttons and Fields transparency

Started by davelson, August 11, 2023, 10:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davelson

Hi Arlo
As per attached pic, I'm trying to make the backgrounds of my layout buttons and fields transparent, but only getting some success. I find that buttons/fields which are on the outer edge of the page have transparent backgrounds, but fields in other area are not...

Is there a way of getting them all to have transparent backgrounds rather than the greyed boxes ( see pic)

Cheers

Dave

arlo

A button or field will have a semi-opaque background if you place it completely within the document viewer.

It looks like you put a lot of empty lines at the start of your lyrics so they would be pushed down past the overlapping buttons and fields. A better approach would be to resize the document viewer so it starts lower down on the page and you can put your fields on the top part of the page.

Or you could set this up like the standard Big Fields layout, where several song fields appear initially and then when you click the document button, the document appears over the top of everything. This page shows that:

https://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/changing_layouts.html

davelson

Yeah, thanks Arlo.
I have a custom layout for performing set up fine for my gigs, the blank lines at start of song give me flexibility to start singing whenever I need to, and not interested in tapping screen every time a song is selected - doesn't look very professional. I control BH with AirTurn foot switches.

I have resolved  the transparency issue somewhat by reducing the background blank document size slightly and only using buttons/boxes that can sit next to edge of screen... Still don't know why there is no option to have transparency in all buttons/boxes regardless of position...

Cheers

arlo

If you are using a foot switch, then you could use that to show and hide the document viewer on top of your other fields.