Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Using BH with Roland Fantom 0 Scenes

Started by rstechpro53, September 03, 2023, 09:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstechpro53

If this is an already known issue I apologize. Have setup my Fantom D bank with each song as a scene. That is up to 128 songs. Just want to select a song and BH will send program change for that scene. I am using the Roland WM1 wireless midi adaptor plugged into Fantom midi in. Set System settings to accept program change on Ch16. Made Bluetooth connection on my iPad Pro to WM1. In BH added WM1 as a midi device All Ports, Ch16, Numbering 1-128 as Fantom numbers presets that way. Then went into midi presets and set up a program change with the MSB=85 Fantom, LSB=3 Fantom banks are A-D= 0-3 respectively and the Scene number and, no go Lol. Why? Well if you set the Numbering in the midi device settings to 1-128 it also set the MSB and LSB numbering starting from 1 also!! So for each programming change I have to increase the MSB and LSB by 1, IE MSB=86, LSB=4. If I set the numbering to 0-127 then then it would have worked but now I would have to subtract 1 from the program number! I don't know if this is a bug or not and at these stage it would be a drag to fix as anyone who has set up dozens of program changes already would need to fix each. But I do think the online docs should be adjusted to alert users to this.

arlo

If you use the 1-128 numbering setting in BandHelper, BandHelper will apply that to program numbers, bank numbers and controller numbers. If the device you're sending to uses 0-127 numbering for any of this data, I recommend leaving BandHelper at 0-127 and adding 1 to any data that the receiving device numbers from 1-128, which in your case is just the program numbers.

I don't know why some manufacturers do it that way. Having two different numbering schemes in the world of MIDI is confusing enough, but using a mixture of both on the same device makes it even worse.