Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Bandhelper on OSX performance

Started by Magiamusical, September 04, 2023, 01:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magiamusical

I normally use Bandhelper on my iMac for editing and practice at home, for live performance i use an iPad. Lately when I run Bandhelper in the Mac (Ventura 13.5.1) it loads ok but after a couple of minutes it doesn't respond to commands immediately but after a long delay until it become unusable. Is there any fix to this problem? Is it the OSX version?   

arlo

I haven't heard of this before. I would check two things:

1. Are there specific actions or workflows that are leading to the slowdown?
2. Does the macOS Activity Monitor app show that the Mac is running out of free memory, or that BandHelper's memory usage has grown unreasonably large?

Magiamusical

The CPU % goes up more than 100% sometime 162% or higher and the whole machines slows down. What I was doing when testing today was open the app/repertoire/ and select a song, normally it works in the first song and the CPU% goes to around 62% when I select the second song it goes to 162% the third goes to 172%

arlo

Please submit a help ticket here:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia

Then go to a song where the problem is happening, click Help > Send Screen Shot in the app and enter the ticket ID.

Then click Help > Send Troubleshooting Info in the app and enter the ticket ID.