Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Massive Recordings import from iCloud Drive

Started by RaulGV1, September 04, 2023, 07:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaulGV1

Hello Arlo,

I have 500+ mp3 files in my iCloud Drive, is it possible to do a massive Recording import of all of them at once?
Then do a Song import which will link the new imported songs with the Recordings already imported in the previous step.
I already did the IMPORTING SONGS FROM A DATA FILE (WEBSITE ONLY), which works OK, but I'm missing the the link to the recording.
Thanks!

JerryK

You can import zip files of up to 500MB at a time.  If files in the zip match existing Song titles, they will be attached to those songs.  If you tick the box, new songs will be created for the unmatched audio file names.

Ok, see Arlo below for the truth about existing songs

arlo

You can't automatically link recordings to songs if you import the recordings first. You would need to import the songs first. You can include the recording filenames in the song import file when you do that, then import the recordings afterward and they will link up.

As JerryK said, you might need to divide your recordings up into groups to create zip files that are under 500 MB each.

RaulGV1

I will try that, thanks a lot for your help!  ;)

RaulGV1

It worked like a charm! Thanks again, Kudos for great app!!!

arlo