Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Sending MIDI presets

Started by davelson, September 09, 2023, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davelson

Hi Arlo

I use BH to send MIDI presets on song selection. When I select a song, presets are sent via Bluetooth midi to BeatBuddy for memory/tempo and also Boss RC500 to select backing tracks which are stored in any of 200 memory locations.... Recently I've noticed a ghost in my machine... occasionally a backing will start spontaneously on the Boss or the BeatBuddy will refuse to change patches.

I think this may be caused when I scroll rapidly through songs - it may be that the MIDI preset sends are being truncated when the next song is selected as I swipe looking for a song. This will then potentially send incomplete midi and confuse the pedals... Is this the case? I have just reduced the time between preset sends, and will try to start using the song list button more often, rather than swiping right/left...

Thanks

arlo

If you select a song before the MIDI for the previous song is done sending, I think the new song's MIDI will be sent while the previous song's MIDI is still sending, so the MIDI for the two songs will be interwoven. I can imagine this causing problems. Once you land on the song you want, you could wait a moment and then click the MIDI button to resend all the MIDI for the current song. But I also like the idea of navigating directly to a song rather than swiping quickly through multiple songs, if you are triggering functions on song selection.