Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

SLM Database Export and Back Up Options On Mac? (Without iTunes File Share)

Started by JPlett, October 16, 2023, 02:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPlett

My iPad has been acting up a lot lately. I regularly backup my database, but only today noticed that the documents don't come with it.
I don't want to use File Share because some DAW plugins I'm using for recording aren't compatible with the latest MacOS.

What's another way to get my documents off of SLM on my iPad, onto my laptop? (external HD, cloud... anything)

I don't have these files anywhere else, they only live on SLM, so I'm really hoping not to lose 3,000+ charts.

For now, I've done a complete iPad backup to my computer just in case it crashes.
But I'd also like this feature so I can use my SLM on my iPhone as well.

Thank you in advance for your help!

arlo

You could use file sharing on any macOS version. In older versions it's available through iTunes and in newer versions it's available through the Finder.

You could also use the Files app on your iPad to copy and paste all the documents to a cloud storage location.

JPlett

Fantastic! Thank you!!
Is there a way to do this in a batch, or do I need to go into my SLM-Documents and send each individually to files?

arlo

The file sharing approach and the Files app let you select and move multiple files at once.