Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Unable to Quick Add a Song That's Already On the List

Started by craZivn, October 19, 2023, 06:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craZivn

Hi there, I know I mentioned this some time ago but it's still hampering my performance and is the only aggravating thing about an otherwise excellent app.

Back when I first bought the app, if I Quick Added a song that was already in the list, it would simply add the song underneath whatever song I was currently on, regardless of whether the added song was already in the list or not. 
Quite a while back an update happened which removed this functionality. Now, when I Quick Add a song that's already in the set list, it'll jump to the added song's location in the list instead of simply adding a second instance of it underneath my current song. This causes me to completely lose my place in the set list when the band leader decides to hold off on a song until later, or we get a request to play a song in the third set that we played already in the first set.

Please, is there any plan to return this functionality in a future update? I've been struggling with it for years and I don't understand why this feature would be removed in the first place. It's the one thing which makes me hesitate to recommend the app to my bandmates.

Thanks,
Ivan

arlo

Adding an option to change this behavior is still on my wish list.

Meanwhile, in the situation you're describing, I would just scroll to the desired song rather than using the Quick Add button. That's really meant to add a song that isn't already in your set list.

QuoteI don't understand why this feature would be removed in the first place

This changed because people requested that it work the way it does now. The biggest obstacle to offering both behaviors would be finding a name and place for the setting that would make sense. Maybe "Insert Duplicate Quick Added Songs" after "Save Quick Added Songs"?

craZivn

If it's not too difficult, you could create a sub-category under "General" just like the "Auto-Scroll" or "External Display" sub-categories and name it "Quick Add". Then in that sub-category you could put the existing "Save Quick Added Songs" and add another called "Allow Duplicates of Existing Songs" or simply "Quick Add Existing Songs".

If creating the sub-category creates problems elsewhere, the "Insert Duplicate Quick Added Songs" or "Allow Duplicate Quick Added Songs" would be just fine too unless the text doesn't fit in the field.

Scrolling to the song, or using the Quick Add option which jumps me to wherever the song is in the list, is the workaround that I've been using since the change but it slows down my readiness for the next song since I then have to find where I was in the set list prior to the jump. The band I'm in now has an emphasis on keeping the energy going when the dance floor is hopping so there is little to no time between some of the songs and I need to minimize the pause as much as possible.

Ivan

arlo

Okay, in today's version 2023-10-27 release, you can turn on Settings > General > Insert Duplicate Quick Added Songs.

craZivn

Awesome! I'm grateful to have this behavior back in the app, it will allow my performance to be significantly tighter when songs are requested or rearranged mid-set for any reason. Thank you so much!

Ivan

arlo