Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Flic 2 Low Latency mode?

Started by jamkeys, October 19, 2023, 07:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamkeys

Hi,
I have seen a couple references to the "Low Latency" mode but cannot find the option.   I want to use the Flic 2 to advance to the "Next Midi  Preset" but there is a lag I would like to get rid of if possible.

I see no option in the app.

I did find that a "game" they included in the flic app mentioned that playing the game would put the Flic 2 in a "super active mode" so I wasn't sure if that would be a function available from the app using the flic (like bandhelper)

Any suggestion is appreciated. 
Thanks,
Adam

arlo

I think I would have to turn this on in the app code (and add a setting so you can turn it on and off). I'll put that on my to do list and try to work it in by the end of the year.

jamkeys

That would be awesome.  Thanks Arlo!

arlo

Today's version 2023-10-27 release includes Settings > App Control > Flic Low-Latency Mode. (This is only available on iOS.) However, I didn't notice a big difference when using this. The bigger delay comes from waiting after receiving the first click to see if a second click comes, so the Flic knows whether you are clicking or double-clicking. So I also bypassed that check (on iOS and Android) when you have not configured any double-click actions. In other words, you can get the fastest response by using your Flic for click or hold but not double-click.

jamkeys

Thank you so much Arlo. I can't wait to try it later.

jamkeys

This works great Arlo but you need to disable both double click and long hold, then it is  instantaneous which makes sense.  Thanks again!

arlo

Oh, you're right -- the faster click response won't be available if you have a double-click or a hold gesture configured. I could tweak it so the click response is only a little slower when the hold gesture is used, if there is interest in that.