Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Wish: Queue next song

Started by Insider0203, November 09, 2023, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insider0203

The band I play in has zero downtime between songs. We rely very heavily rely on the title +1 field to know where we are. Very often, we need to skip several songs in the set. It would be great if there could be a way to to a button on the songs list to queue a song to be the next song.

arlo

Can you describe in more detail what you imagine this feature would do? What specifically would "queue a song to be the next song" entail?

Insider0203

Sure. There are situations where my band is playing a very large set (over 20 songs). Let's say we're currently at song 9 but we need to jump ahead to song 17 without stopping between songs. I imagine there could be a button on the song list to "queue" a song, meaning it places that song to be the next one in the set. So we would tap the button to queue song 17 while we're still playing song 9. The title+1 field would now display song 17 as the next song and if you perform the "next song" action, it would go to song 17, not 10.

arlo

Are you doing screen sharing so the rest of the band sees your screen? Otherwise I'm not sure what the benefit would be of changing the "Title +1" value if you already know what the next song is going to be. Regarding selecting the next song, is the problem that it takes too long to scroll to and select the desired song so you want to pre-select it before the previous song ends to save time? How are you moving to the next song normally?

Insider0203

Yes it would be most beneficial for screen sharing. But it would also be beneficial if you're using a footswitch to advance to the next song and you need seamless transitions between songs. If we're playing song 9 and we need to change the next song from song 10 to song 17, I could take my hand and queue up song 17 during a down moment in song 10 but then I can use my foot to go seamlessly between 10 and 17 and have all the midi presets load accordingly/

arlo

Okay, this is on my wish list and I'll let you know if I can work it in.

Insider0203

Thanks for the speedy response!

Insider0203

Just to add to this, this would be particularly useful if you're running an entirely automated set with backing tracks. If you need to skip a song while you have automation and tracks running, queueing up a song would allow all the tracks and automation to play out for the current song while informing all the musicians that the next song is different and then seamlessly transitioning into the automation for the queued song