Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Airturn scrolling distance

Started by Apebot, January 09, 2024, 12:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apebot

i have an android setup (pixel 4a to a chromecast (via a dedicated wireless router with no internet access) to a cheap monitor, with an airturn bt500s4 paired to the pixel). This is for a live band karaoke lyric prompter - i choose the song on the phone, the lyrics display on the monitor (using the Document selection in general/external display) and the singer scrolls at their own pace using the airturn.

the display part works great - i choose a song, fullscreen lyrics show up, orientation setting works, font size adjustment works, colors work. The airturn, however, only scrolls up or down one row (total, not one row at a time), no matter what i set the scrolling percentage to in App Controls. This is the case in any screen orientation. 

I am using the airturn in mode 2 with standard bindings - up, down, right and left. The log shows two entries for each button press - one "received keyboard input 20 (down)" and one "triggered action Scroll Document Down" (attempting to scroll up logs similar messages).

Is there a step i am missing? i noticed the android app doesn't have the AirDirect connection option that Ios devices do. Does that make a difference?

arlo

If you take the external display out of the equation and view the lyrics on the phone, does the scrolling from the foot switch work as expected?

The lack of AirDirect support shouldn't make a difference, possibly unless you're trying to hold a button down to send a continuous stream of scroll commands.

Apebot

without the external display, airturn scrolling works including changing the scrolling percentage.  The remote control log entries are the same for scrolling commands under those conditions.

arlo

Okay, I'll look into this for the next update.

arlo

It looks like the problem only happens when the document viewer is only on the external display and not on the main display. That should be fixed in the new version 2024-01-12 released today.

Apebot

this works as expected now. that was some amazing response time Arlo, thanks!

arlo