Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Import database greyed out

Started by Daddyg, January 24, 2024, 10:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daddyg

Hi Arlo,
Long time...hope you're well.  Don't understand what's going on...never had this issue before.  Using an iPad 3, attempting to export database to iPhone as a back up should the iPad go down during a gig.  Exported iPad database to Google drive, as well as directly to phone, in multiple locations on phone.  It works, can see database file where I export it to.  SLM on iPhone shows exported database on Google drive, as well as in files on iPhone, but file continues to be greyed out.  I can import settings, but not import database.  Under appearance shows "database import/export" is on.   I can't seem to find version numbers on neither iPad nor iPhone
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Daddyg

Found the app version; on iPad it's 6.0.7.  On iPhone it was 2023-07-21(98)...db was greyed out.   I updated to 2024-01-12 (115)...still greyed out.
I cannot update my iPad3 running 9.3.5 (last version for this model)  as the new SLM version requires IOS 12.0 or later.  Is this the problem i'm running into?

Daddyg

I found the answer within the forum.  iPad exporting as .txt.  iPhone's exporting as .sqlite.  Sort of figured.

This is a huge problem if I upgrade to a newer iPad with a newer version of SLM.  I've got 10+ years of work into these databases at this point that I fear will be lost.  I'd think there's a way to convert a .txt file into an .sqlite file, but that's a static process.  Given that I update the iPad3 on an ongoing basis with new songs, until I update to a new iPad/SLM version, the converted .sqlite file will be out of date.  Any suggestions?

arlo

You can update to a later Set List Maker version on that device; not the current version, but a later version that will export in .sqlite format. You will need to this from the Purchased tab in the App Store app as shown in this screen shot:

Daddyg

Thanks for posting, Arlo.  There is no "Update" button for SLM on the "purchased" page of the App store, nor is there a way to update the App Store, probably because this iPad is running OS 9.3.5.  Also see no way under "Version History" to download a prior version.  So...no way to downgrade/upgrade SLM to be able to export in .sqlite. 

It looks like I'm stuck. 

arlo

This looks like an App Store bug; you're supposed to be able to update to the latest supported version for your device. Please submit a help ticket and attach your old databases to that ticket and I'll update them manually for you.