Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Integrating BH with Mixing Station on an iPad

Started by Mully, February 02, 2024, 11:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mully

Hello,
I am trying to integrate BH with the app Mixing Station.  The idea being that when a guitar solo happens in a song, BH will send a message (via midi) to the Mixing Station App, which will raise the volume of just that specific channel, then another message to lower it after the solo is over.

Has anyone done this?  Can you please help to explain how you got it working?  I have Mixing Station working fine.  But It won't recognize BH and vice versa.
Thanks for any help.

arlo

Please describe what you've done so far and where you are stuck.

JerryK

I do some of this, to mute PA FX on my XR18 or XR16 between songs; or mute backing track channels for acoustic-only duo songs.  Obviously only on songs with backing tracks.  Mixing station simply displays the changes. 
I also switch my guitar floor board stomp switches for solos etc. and patches per-song at song-select 1, before the song starts.  In my case, for guitar, it 'presses' a solo button on the Helix LT board for level changes, effects too.  Guitar effects all off at song end, as well.

I use a Yamaha MD-BT01 for BH to talk bluetooth to the mixer, no cable, but I do have to enable it in BH each time session/gig.  You can certainly change mixer levels and much more - almost everything on the XR, except, annoyingly, Midi clock.

I use one iPad for BH, one for MSP.