Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Printing two columns

Started by pbob42, February 06, 2024, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbob42

Is there a way to print using the layout?  One of the qualities in Set list Maker that is attractive to us is two column support.  I am going through a lot of work formating our songs for a 12.9 ipad.

It would be nice to print what we see.  Currently it will take that wonderful 2 column setup and print it in single column on two pages.

pbob42

also - it would be nice to be able to print the "show", not just as a listing, but as complete songs.  Sunday mornings my wife prints out the song lists and passes it out to the band.  We are adding a second ipad for the bass player, but vocalists, keys and drummer get paper.

arlo

Please see the Repertoire > Set Lists > [set list name] > Share Songs page. I think that answers your second question. But lyrics cannot currently print in two columns. That's on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

pbob42

it would be nice to be able to access the layout data for printing.  IT is an extra step, but just throwing in a second column without being able to format it, won't be that much help.  thanks.

pbob42

Got to the share page - the print function is set for single page 100% font?  If you have less than 100% it flows onto the next page.  Is there a way to print from set list maker for band members to have usable song sheets?

arlo

I don't think you would want to print the layout because that contains buttons that would be useless on a printout, and the text can scroll which it can't on a printout.

However, if you have added formatting to your lyrics or chords, that will print.

You can change the text size or select the Auto-Fit To Page option when printing.

"Usable song sheets" is what the Share Songs function is for. I suggest experimenting with the settings in the left column to get the output you like.