Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Searching for the best device

Started by Krouch, February 19, 2024, 11:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krouch

Hey guys,

I´m using bandhelper with my iPad Pro 9,7 and my Nord Stage 2 EX.

So I want to upgrade my bandhelper device. Bigger screen, maybe to read sheets. But including send midi to my nord, to change the bank with changing the song. I think, a new, big iPad looks to expensive, only for using this. Which devices did you use? Maybe a raspberry pi with screen? Maybe some solution to print with my 3d printer?

Open for ideas with low budget ;).

Regards
Thomas

arlo

How about using a smaller device for MIDI (could even be your phone), with a connected external display to show lyrics/documents?

Krouch

You mean external display to the phone? But what kind of "external display" works with iPhone?

arlo

Any TV or video monitor with an HDMI or VGA input, plus the appropriate Lightning or USB-C adapter, should work:

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/connect-to-a-display-with-a-cable-iph93af723b9/ios

Krouch

Quote from: arlo on February 20, 2024, 09:30:38 AM
Any TV or video monitor with an HDMI or VGA input, plus the appropriate Lightning or USB-C adapter, should work:

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/connect-to-a-display-with-a-cable-iph93af723b9/ios

Hi Arlo,

I´ve tested it and looks good with iPad and HDMI display.

But I´ve the following questions:

1.) I´m confused about the different size of text. For testing, I´ve added some songtext. The view is ok at once, but one other is showing much bigger, the next is showing very small. Where´s my fault at this?
2.) If I´m active in setlist (ipad List of titles, display text), it is not possible to going back to the menu. I choose the back button, but nothing happens. Only to restart the app brings me back. I use a old ipad Pro 9,7 (first modell) with a 24" display.

Regards,
Thomas

arlo

1) You can click the document button for a song to view its lyrics on the main screen, then pinch to resize the text. You typically want it as large as it can be before it starts wrapping the lines. Then open the document toolbar and click the Save Text Size button (aA icon).

2) That would happen if the Layering setting for the layout is empty. You can go to Repertoire > Layouts > [layout name] > Edit Details and set Layering to Document On Top for this layout.

Krouch

Hi Arlo, thx replying.

I´m very sorry, but in Browser (is much better to edit all), I only see this:

clicking here

View after click

Where can i change the size?

arlo

You can't change text sizes in the web interface. Doing that in the app is more useful because that's where you will be viewing the lyrics and you can see what you're getting as you set the sizes.

Krouch

Ok, that explains it.

But adding text ist easier at the browser for me. So I had to add the text there and format it on ipad

Krouch

Hi Arlo,

I don´t understand the following:

1.) When connecting a display to ipad, i can see the songtext on display. But where can I resize it? I don´t find this. So at on song, it should be fine. But another song, it´s to big or to small. And both are in the same setlist, same view.

2.) Wenn I haven´t conneted a display, i can´t see the songtext on ipad.

Screenshots for you:

Regards Thomas

arlo

In your pictures, you're showing lyrics only on the external screen and the external screen is not interactive. You'll need to click the document buttons to view your lyrics on the device screen and set the sizes there.

Krouch

I've tried this, but when clicking document, The document is Not visible. Only blank Page.

arlo

Is Settings > General > External Display > Content set to Doc +1? If so, you'd need to disconnect the external display, or change that setting to Document if you don't want to display different documents on the main screen and the external screen.

I can't see how your layout is set up, so you might also need to switch to a different layout. If you need further help, please submit a help ticket so I can see your settings.

Krouch