Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

inverted filter not working as expected

Started by jimm, February 25, 2024, 10:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimm

We have an "Acoustic" tag for our songs. In the song list on the web when I select the tag "Acoustic" I see all of the songs with that tag. But when I then click "Invert" I would expect to see all songs without that tag, but I see the same list of songs with the tag. Am I misunderstanding what "Invert" does?

arlo

No, your expectation is right and that's how it's working when I test it. Can you send some screen shots showing the problem?

jimm

OK, this is odd: this morning when I went to reproduce the issue, I had to log in. After logging in, the filter works as expected. Yesterday, when I clicked "Invert" the button did not stay highlighted and the list of songs did not change. Today, when I clicked "Invert" the button stayed highlighted and the song list changed.

I swear it was behaving as I described yesterday. In any case, sorry for bothering you. If it happens again I will capture screenshots, though there won't be much to show ("gee, this didn't happen so it looks exactly the same" :-) ). I'll try looking for errors in the browser JS console if it happens again.

arlo

I didn't suggest clearing your browser cache because I didn't think any of the Invert button's code gets cached. But maybe that is what happened. In general, that is a good thing to check when trying a new website feature because your web browser might still be running older code, or even worse, a mixture of the old and new code.