Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Way to make PDF fit phone resolution?

Started by Borske, February 25, 2024, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borske

I have used Bandhelper for the past year on a tablet in portrait view and the songs I created as PDFs would scroll perfectly page to page when I press my bluetooth foot pedal, the pages would fit nicely on the screen. Now I would like to run bandhelper on a android phone which I will HDMI out to a teleprompter. My problem is I am running in landscape view on the phone and now the pages do not fit the screen properly. I created a landscape layout from the phone and the songs appear but pages are not displaying correctly. They are getting cut off causing me to have to scroll more often.
I tried creating my PDFs in the same resolution as my phone screen but they still do not appear correctly when displayed through bandhelper.
Is there a way to have my pages appear on my phone like they do on my tablet?
Thank You very much!

arlo

Do your PDFs use a standard Letter or A4 size? They should, to use the pagination functions correctly.

Also, for the pagination to be consistent across both devices, you would have to set the document viewer to Fit To Height on both devices. You could get nearly consistent pagination by resize the document viewer to the same aspect ratio on both devices, but that would be hard to do, especially on a phone screen.