Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Can I list Pitch-Shifted recordings somewhere/how?

Started by JerryK, June 18, 2024, 04:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryK

I'm finding that BH-shifted recordings, therefore using iPad features, are often not so good.
So I'd like to identify them and re-do the job externally, perhaps with more important songs first.
To find them manually, by digging deep into every song and recording would be a very long and tedious job.
Is there a better way?

arlo

No, there isn't a way to search for pitch-shifted recordings. Clicking through the Repertoire > Recordings list in the app is probably the fastest way to view them all.

JerryK

Wow, thanks for a speedy reply.

782 recordings is quite a job.  Viewing the pitch shift involves scrolling on every one - and then I can't export or copy-paste the filenames from iPad to PC.

I believe re-loading zeroes the shift etc. - bonus.

Is there a version(s) of iPad (or possibly 'other') which does it better than my 9th Gen of several years old?  It could be time to upgrade a bit.

arlo

Does what better, pitch-shifting? I don't think a different device would have higher sound quality. I would recommend only using the in-app pitch shifting for practicing, and use a dedicated audio program if you're preparing files to play in a performance.

JerryK

Yes, pitch-shifting.  You're probably right but it seems such a shame to have another bunch of songs on there (or anywhere else) when I've already got a bunch of songs on there, occupying more space and more to maintain.

I mostly have audio in 192k, which I guess could contribute to iPad shifting quality.

The PC does it much better (in Audacity) but takes slightly longer than the song duration to do it, so I guess the tablets have to be sure to shift in real-time, along with everything else, so quality has to be sacrificed (hardware issue, not BH issue), at least on older hardware, perhaps all.