Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Setlist: Song changes even when not playing

Started by JimR, July 25, 2024, 02:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimR

New Android Tablet user here getting ready to replace Songbook with BandHelper from my next gig in a couple of weeks. The main reason for change is to start using backing tracks and Songbook was not really ready for that and missed a lot of important features for live gigs with tracks.

I noticed that while I am editing songs on the PC and the tablet is sitting idle while showing the setlist, the songs are changing to next song automatically!

I have it set to fetch the next song automatically but I thought that was only when playing the song?

br

/JimR

arlo

The Select Next Song On Song Completion function is triggered by the end of a recording, video, or automation track, or by the song duration if none of those is playing.

If you want the songs to not auto-advance in some situations, like while practicing or editing, you can duplicate your layout and turn off the Select Next Song On Song Completion setting in the new layout. Then name the original layout "[layout name] Auto-Play." Or if you want to make other changes between the two layouts, you could name one "Performance" and the other "Practice" or whatever makes sense for your situation.

JimR

Thank you for the answer - if it's working like that I can't use the 'auto-change to next song' feature as I never know how much time I will be spending talking between songs. It has to work both when I use it for lyrics scrolling only and for lyrics scrolling with backing tracks.

I will just have to turn the feature off and assign one foot switch to change to next song and the other to start scroll and playback.

Lots of small things to fix when changing software, I did not expect that adding backing tracks to my lyrics app would bring me to test so many different apps before ending up with BandHelper! I have used Showplay on a windows laptop for decades for playing electric party gigs with backing tracks and Midi control of lights and harmonizer but for smaller solo acoustic gigs I want the simple tablet solution.

br

/JimR

arlo

QuoteIt has to work both when I use it for lyrics scrolling only and for lyrics scrolling with backing tracks.

Do you mean you still want it to auto-advance for songs that don't have a backing track, or you don't want it to auto-advance for songs that don't have a backing track?

JimR

I would prefer that it did not auto-advance when playing without backing tracks, you never know how long a song takes when you play live with only guitar and voice.

But with backing tracks I would like it to work like Showplay and load the next song when the song is done but only if it's triggered by the actual song playing. It would not work for me if the auto-advance timer still runs when the song is not playing. Again, you never know how long pause you have between songs playing live.

br

/Jim

arlo

Okay, I'm considering adding a new setting for this and will let you know what I come up with.

arlo

In the new app version 2024-08-23 released today, you can turn off Settings > Advanced > Trigger Song Completion From Duration to only auto-advance the song at the end of a recording, video or automation track.