Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Project based Transpose?

Started by tripleb, October 03, 2024, 06:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tripleb

Hi just a little bit confused after a discussion with ChatGPT  :-X

Is it possible to use a song ion two different projects with own transpose settings without using an intelligent copy of this song?

Every time I use "personal transpose" this is reflected in both projects...

Or the other way around: how can I set up a (master-)song that way that only that transposed versions appear in their projects?

arlo

There isn't currently a way to set different settings in different projects for the same song. I'm currently looking into a way to do this but haven't made a decision yet. Meanwhile, the "pure" way to do this is to make a copy of the song, assign the copy to the other project and change the settings in that copy.

To eliminate redundant editing, you can use smart copies, but you can't move a smart copy  into different projects than its original copy. So you would have to put the smart copy and the original copy into both projects. You could name them something like "Freebird" and "Freebird detuned" and only put the desired version into the set lists in each project and then you wouldn't see the other version while performing.

tripleb

arlo

Would it be more useful to set a personal transpose for all songs at the project level?