Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Will it do ALL of this?

Started by raymond5150, November 06, 2013, 11:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymond5150

After an exhaustive search, I finally think I am ready to purchase Set List Maker for my needs.  I think it will do everything I want (some grey areas in the product literature), but before I pull the trigger on the purchase, could someone please verify for me that all of this is possible?  I'm sure of some of this...others not so much.  Here we go:

• Begin playback of MP3 recordings at the start of each song
  • Send the MP3's stereo audio signal through the 3.5mm standard iPad audio jack - the stereo separation is of the greatest importance
  • Send MIDI program changes to several devices at key points during MP3 playback
  • Wait for my input before starting the next song
  • Display only portions of lyrics at key points during MP3 playback
  • Wirelessly broadcast what Set List Maker is displaying to all other band members' iPads
  • Do all of this while my iPad is simultaneously running the app that controls my Behringer X32

Again...I think it is all possible and just want verification before purchasing.  I'm going to be super stoked if it is!  Thanks in advance!

arlo

• Begin playback of MP3 recordings at the start of each song
  • Send the MP3's stereo audio signal through the 3.5mm standard iPad audio jack - the stereo separation is of the greatest importance
  • Wait for my input before starting the next song

Yes.

• Send MIDI program changes to several devices at key points during MP3 playback

Currently you will have to manually trigger those program changes. The upcoming version 3.4 will have the ability to set up a series of timed actions that will be performed automatically:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/future_plans.html

• Display only portions of lyrics at key points during MP3 playback

Currently you can set up auto-scrolling. The timed events in version 3.4 will include the ability to scroll the lyrics to different points at different times. However, in either case, your lyrics will display as one continuous text field, not as separate pieces that are displayed and hidden. You could simulate that by entering extra line breaks between the sections, so you only see one section at a time.

• Wirelessly broadcast what Set List Maker is displaying to all other band members' iPads

Yes, via the screen sharing option:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/linking_devices.html

• Do all of this while my iPad is simultaneously running the app that controls my Behringer X32

That would depend on that app's ability to run and perform the desired tasks in the background. You could contact the maker of that app to confirm.

raymond5150

Beautiful.  I assume a free upgrade to 3.4 if I go ahead and purchase the current version?

arlo

Yes, but the timed events feature might require an additional in-app purchase -- I'm not sure about that yet.

raymond5150

Right on.  I'm a developer during the day myself, so if it's a quality product, I have no problem paying to upgrade.  Thanks for the help.