Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Using quotation marks for strum timing resets during sync between devices

Started by Tspecht, February 27, 2014, 05:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tspecht

I have been using chords written to show beat timing as follows:

|  G" F" | 

This means to me, 2 counts of G, then 2 counts of F.  It appears that syncing between devices - because I've lost the database on the phone, had to sync back to the iPad, etc. - causes the quotation marks to be preceded by a backslash (\"). 

While this isn't a major problem, when sharing the databases with fellow band members, there can be a confusion with chords with bass notes, eg. G/B or C/G. 

Is there a way to retain the quotation marks when syncing from one device to another?  Or should I consider rewriting my charts to use two apostrophes instead of quotation marks:

(  ' ' or '' instead of ")??

Thanks for any & all help!  SLM is my #1 Band app!!  So far, I've talked 3 people I've played with into buying it - and upgrades!

T

arlo

Okay, I see the problem. That should be fixed now, and you can remove any backslashes that were added. This functionality is on the server, so no app update is needed.

Thanks for any & all help!  SLM is my #1 Band app!!  So far, I've talked 3 people I've played with into buying it - and upgrades!

Excellent, thanks!