Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recording doesn't play when hitting recording button

Started by Jmfocus, March 13, 2014, 07:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmfocus

I have a problem with one song in particular. It will not start the recording when I hit play after song has been added to the database for that song. If I try a different recording for the same song then it will play. If I go to my music on the ipad it plays fine. This happens whether I am in perform mode or song mode. It just will not start the recording playback. Please help.

arlo

When you view the recording in the Music app, does it have a cloud icon next to it?

Jmfocus

arlo

Can you figure out what else is different about that recording? Is it a different file format? Was it purchased from the iTunes Store with DRM?

Jmfocus

Have a several songs that are not playing now. I am only able to check song info on iTunes at the computer and not the ipad itself. Some of these songs say "protected AAC audio file" and some say "purchased AAC audio file". It doesn't appear to be consistent. On iTunes on the computer I see a little cloud with an arrow but not on the ipad. Other songs that say "purchased audio file" play fine. It is frustrating that a song that exists on the ipad can't be played on the app on the same ipad. Is there a work around for this issue?

This is a fantastic app by the way.

arlo

I think that Apple adds DRM to some files that you buy from iTunes but not others, so the files that appear as Protected AAC will never play, while the files that appear as Purchased AAC might play and might not. Does that match what you're seeing?

In iTunes, you should be able to convert the DRM files to unprotected MP3 or AAC files and attach those versions to your songs. It is weird that Apple doesn't allow third-party apps full access to DRM files, but allows you to make a DRM-free copy of those files in iTunes.