Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

foot switch issues alesis iDock

Started by drummerman, March 13, 2014, 11:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerman

The software recognizes the foot pedal and it works, but clicking it moves the highlighted song without starting or stopping the track playing.  I think I am close...

arlo

If you've configure a foot switch to change songs, but you also want to start a recording when you select a song, you can enable Settings > Automation > Song Selection Actions > Play Recording.

drummerman

that works to start playing next song.  but this is for playing backing tracks at live performances, and as a kill switch if band messes up.  so I need first click to stop the the track if its playing, and if nothing is playing I need it to start next track.  start/stop.

Help- I have five shows this weekend:)

arlo

You can combine changing songs and starting recordings with a single foot switch, or you can combine starting and stopping recordings with a single foot switch, but you can't combine all three actions with a single foot switch. You will need a second foot switch to do all of that. The Alesis iO Dock supports two foot switches, but the second one sends an undefined MIDI message that Set List Maker doesn't support. So you will need a different solution to add more foot switches. I have several recommendations here:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/hardware.html