Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Automation track not recording

Started by Jmfocus, March 25, 2014, 08:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmfocus

Hi Arlo
I am trying to create auto tracks to get a document to scroll and line up with the music. I hit the record button and it blinks during the whole process and I hit it again when finished. It is not saving the process. When I test it, it just reverts to auto scroll. I have both record tracks and auto scroll on in the settings.

arlo

If you want to play custom scrolling movements that you recorded into an automation track, you'd need to turn off Settings > Automation > Auto-Scroll and turn on Settings > Automation > Play Automation Track. Does that answer it?

Jmfocus

That makes sense but that means that all the songs in that database will need to have recorded automation tracks. I can't be song specific?

Jmfocus

Ok playing with it some more I see that the auto scroll is still available but it needs to be manually started after clicking on the song.

arlo

That makes sense but that means that all the songs in that database will need to have recorded automation tracks. I can't be song specific?

You could use auto-scrolling with a song selection action on just some songs if you set Settings > Automation > Auto-Scroll Calculation to Manual and then only set a scroll duration for the songs you want to auto-scroll. In that case, the song selection action will have no effect for the other songs. Similarly, if a song has no automation track, then the Play Automation Track song selection action will have no effect.

Pongo

Is it possible to combine an automation track with auto-scroll?

I prefer the scrolling lyric (visually), as opposed to a static page, but when I automate my lyrics, I have no choice but to drag sections manually.
Can I have an auto-scroll document that will recognize (and playback) changes that I make?

Basically, can automation adjust an auto-scroll document?

Thanks,

arlo

You can combine automation tracks and auto-scrolling. The automation track will record the starting and stopping of the auto-scrolling and any manual movements that you make to change to scroll position while auto-scrolling is running. It won't record every movement of the document pixel-by-pixel ... that's good because it keeps your automation track uncluttered and allows you to adjust your auto-scroll speed without changing the rest of the automation track.

Pongo