Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Possible to disable `hot spots' in a document in the Perform tab?

Started by Pongo, April 07, 2014, 12:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pongo

It would be great to have the option of disabling hot spots (or zones). I find that when zooming a document in the perform tab, and/or, `chasing the audio' to align my lyrics, my document sometimes switches to the next/previous song, if i touch the wrong part of my display.

Is it possible to make these zones optional in a future release?

Thanks,

arlo

I don't know exactly how it will work yet, but in the new version 4 design the next/previous song controls will probably be separated from the lyrics viewer. But the next/previous page hot spots will probably still be there. Meanwhile, watch out for an extra finger touching the screen when you perform a zoom gesture ... that's usually what causes unwanted taps.

arlo

The new version includes these gestures in the song view:

- Tap document top/bottom: change document pages
- Tap document left/right: change to adjacent documents attached to the same song
- Tap document center: toggle full-screen mode
- Pinch document: zoom document
- Swipe song view horizontally: change songs

It's still possible to accidentally trigger a song change when zooming a document, but since your zoom levels are saved and recalled automatically, I'd expect you'd get those set up during rehearsal and then you wouldn't need to be zooming during a performance. Anyway, let me know if that works better for you.