Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Broadcast screen

Started by Dave Hayward, April 14, 2014, 08:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Hayward

I am trying to use iphone5 as a slave to an iPad for following changes live during a set. We both have the appropriate in-app purchases. Initially after following the instructions, as a practice run, the two devices worked but with a varying delay of between 3 and 10 seconds. This gradually became much longer, as much as 10 to 20 seconds. Then when trying to use the two devices on a live set the master iPad powered down and the slave froze. After powering up again, the same thing happened again after about a minute. Next we switched off the slave iphone, and from there on there was no problem. The only thing which might be relevant that I can think of, is that the slave has almost no data(only one song as a test)in its database whereas the master iPad has lots of songs(probably hundreds of songs). Oh yes, both devices had plenty of battery reserve. Not sure what versions are being used but all apps and downloads are fairly recent. Any ideas please?

arlo

What kind of iPad are you using and what iOS version is it running?

What are you displaying on the iPad? Just a set list? Documents/lyrics? Are you using autoscrolling, or playing recordings?

Dave Hayward

iPad is model no. MC769A/B. iOS version 7.1.
During a set we play out backing tracks, rearrange song order, and display scrolling lyrics, all using iPad as the master.
We want to use iPhone to simply repeat what is on the screen of the iPad for another band member to follow.

arlo

Can you test this without auto-scrolling lyrics, and again without playing recordings, to see if the problem is related to one of those functions? A delay of 1-3 seconds is normal, but those functions generate constant screen updates that might be hard for your iPad 2 to keep up with.

Dave Hayward

Thanks. I will try those actions next time I meet up with my colleague. That is not for a week or so, but I will report back.