Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Using an FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller

Started by GuyM, April 15, 2014, 09:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuyM

1. Anyone using one in anger with SetListMaker and can give me pointers
2. Sorry to be thick but where it says "General Purpose Button 1" ..."..4" ..what MIDI Controller messages do these map to?

SLM can send the START position MIDI Preset as each Song is selected
3. This is what I want to do with the FC...
a) Inc/Dec SONGS in the Set List
b) Where song has multiple MIDI PRESETS (MP)..I need to Inc/Dec Presets or even better select MP1...MP5 using the foot switches

Sounds easy enough if I can configure the FC correctly and understand the MIDI messages relating to each activity in SLM!

Guy

arlo

General Purpose Button 1-4 is another name for MIDI CC #80-83.

GuyM

Ok thanks!
I 'll have to get to grips with the FC to see how to program it up

Do the MIDI PRESETS have set fixed unique numbers...?? to use/reference in the MIDI Controls
What I am trying to understand if I can use the 1..5 pedals to always control the 1..5 MIDI presets per song without having to create lots of FC programs which will map the unique ID numbers of MIDI PRESETS 1...5 for each song...if that makes sense!

I will put a 5 MIDI PRESET max. limit per song on this myslef (as that is the max. number visible on the iPad)

example MIDI PRESETS
MP1 Intro
MP2 Verse
MP3 End
MP4 Instrumental
MP5 Solo Section

Song 1 uses MP1, MP3, MP5
Song 2 uses MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4

I would like a generic layout ..every song has 1...5 PRESETS defined and therefore mapped to the same 1...5 pedals every time without loads of FC programs being individually developed!
I think I probably know the answer here and perhaps NEXT MIDI PRESET and PREV MIDI PRESET messages may be a better solution
What are the controller CCs for these?

Hope most of this makes sense!
Guy

arlo

Do the MIDI PRESETS have set fixed unique numbers...?? to use/reference in the MIDI Controls

No, the foot switches will select from among the MIDI presets attached to the currently selected song. So let's say you have MIDI presets with these names:

Grand Piano
Doubled Piano
Leslie
Robotic

And these songs with the presets attached:

Song 1 - Grand Piano, Doubled Piano
Song 2 - Grand Piano, Robotic

Then requesting preset 2 will select Doubled Piano when Song 1 is selected, and Robotic when Song 2 is selected.

I think I probably know the answer here and perhaps NEXT MIDI PRESET and PREV MIDI PRESET messages may be a better solution
What are the controller CCs for these?

Set List Maker doesn't define a controller number for an action. It supports certain incoming MIDI messages (including controller messages and other kinds of messages) and lets you map those to whatever actions you need, in the Settings > Remote Control window.

GuyM

So basically what you are working on is SLOT position or MIDI PRESET Sequence number 1...*#
1 for 1st MP, 5 for the 5th etc.  and regardless of any included repeats (i.e 2 instances one PRESET - VERSE for example)

Yep thanks..actually got it working using CC 80-83 and using NEXT/PREV SONG and NEXT/PREV MIDI PRESET
I am sure there are lots of things I could get to do in addition...but for now that is all I need for LIVE WORK

Now if only the DM1 app recognised  MIDI SONG SELECT and Start/Stop ..I could put the final pieces into the jigsaw!