Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Database Sync

Started by Pongo, April 18, 2014, 12:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pongo

Hi Arlo,

As you know, from our email volleys yesterday, I was encountering midi and automation problems for a particular song. Now that I have those issues corrected, I'm a little apprehensive to sync this database before doing work on other songs and thought that I would simply create a new name, as to not overwrite the original database. When I change the database name, a message box opens on the screen warning me that this will disconnect my previous database from the server and that I would need to contact [you, the developer] to restore this in the future.

Since I would like to make many more changes to my `show', including MIDI automation on many other songs...would I need to rename the database after each song has been updated? I don't want to lose what I've done thus far, as I'm still not sure what caused the myriad of problems that I had, previously, with the automation track.

Thanks,
Steve

arlo

The only reason to change your database sync name is if you want to have a different sync name. You should not change the sync name as an attempt to make backups or extra copies of your database because the sync system is not designed to work this way. The sync system keeps a history of all your changes, so there's generally no need to make additional backups of your database.

If you really want to have an extra backup of your database, you can make a copy of the database on your device, then edit the settings of the new copy and remove the sync settings so that the new copy can't connect to the sync server. However, if you wish to revert to that backup database in the future, you should coordinate that with me to avoid sync problems.

Pongo

Aaargh!! This is driving me insane!

I keep getting these automation to (null) errors, as the automation record shuts off abruptly, ad nauseam!

This time, I was NOT successful in recovering the previous automation data.

Has ANYONE else encountered this problem when trying to record a second layer of automation?!?!
Anyone?