Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Adding recording to track

Started by PaulKLindholm, April 20, 2014, 01:26:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulKLindholm

Can you please tell me how to get my ITunes to recognise Setlist Maker?
Thanks, Paul...

arlo

PaulKLindholm

I want to add a recording (MP3) to a track, I am an acoustic guitar player, I use Setlist Maker with just the lyrics, I want to use a piano backing track.
I have followed the video tutorial, however when I look in my iTunes, I cannot see Setlist Maker.
Sorry to be a pest.
Thanks Paul...

Pongo

Are you able to see your device (iPad, iPhone, etc.) in iTunes?

You must drag recordings into (or onto, in essence) your device from the iTunes screen, to add them to your SLM database playlist.

arlo

You only need to drag recordings onto your device if you're manually managing the music on your device. Most people just sync their device with iTunes and let iTunes copy all their music to their device. In either case, iTunes doesn't have to "see" Set List Maker because it's not copying recordings to Set List Maker specifically, it's just copying to the music library on the device.

I can't tell which part of the process you're stuck on. Have you added your backing tracks to iTunes? When you connect your device to your computer, does iTunes start syncing? Do your backing tracks then appear in the Music app on your device?

Pongo

Since I prefer to have control over my music, and not rely on iTunes to automatically sync for me, I do have to manually move mp3 files from my Mac into my iPad, to be used with SLM. I guess I'm a rebel in the iTunes/Apple world!

PaulKLindholm

Thanks guys, I have music tracks in my iTunes / on my iPad, however SLM say's I have no recordings,

arlo

What exactly does the message say and what action triggers the message?

PaulKLindholm

There are no recordings to display. You can add recordings to your songs by editing a song and tapping the recording button (518)

arlo

You didn't specify, but I think viewing the Recordings list is what triggered that message. The Recordings list will only show recordings that you have attached to a song. Did you try attaching a recording to a song? Instructions are here:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/attaching_recordings.html

PaulKLindholm

Thanks Arlo, you got it,  I missed just one vital step.
Thanks again.