Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Document zoom continuity between different ios devices?

Started by Pongo, April 24, 2014, 10:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pongo

Hi Arlo,

Is there a way for SLM to automatically recalculate the zoom data for a document, attached to a song, that is auto scrolling (via an automation track with start/stop commands, as needed) on an iPad Mini (in portrait mode), when playing the same song on an iPhone in landscape mode?

Does SLM know which device it's playing the show on, and therefore knows the screen size of the device?

Viewing the document/lyrics on the iPad in portrait mode works fine, but not on the iPhone (in portrait mode), without the use of a telescope. LOL!

Thanks,

arlo

If you sync the document zoom scale (or lyrics font size) between devices, the same value will be used on both devices. That means if you zoom a document to 1.5x on your iPad mini, it will also appear on your iPhone at 1.5x. There's no automatic way to show it at, let's say, 2.5x on your iPhone, which I think is what you're looking for.

If you want to have different zoom levels on different devices, you should turn off Settings > Database Sync > Document Zoom Positions (or Lyrics Font Sizes) and then set the zoom levels that you want on each device. Auto-scrolling will take the current screen size and zoom level into account, so you should be able to use the same auto-scroll settings on both devices.

Pongo

Thanks Arlo,

I was able to manually zoom the same document on my iPhone, but this only seems to work if both devices are in portrait mode. With my iPhone in landscape, while the iPad Mini is in portrait mode, the auto-scroll pre-roll is reduced to ~8 seconds (pre-roll while in portrait mode is ~ 28 seconds) and the document does not scroll properly with the audio recording.

I'll keep working on this.

Thanks,
Steve