Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Automatation Editing - Window goes blank with more than 26 events

Started by Moon Dog, May 25, 2014, 03:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon Dog

Curious is anyone else is experiencing this issue I have.

I have a song with a total of 36 events.

When I go into automation edit mode, I am tweaking the timing to be exact with my ProTools backing track times and every time I scroll past the 26th line item the edit screen goes blank.

So I cannot edit my last ten events.

Anyone?

Thanks
Moon Dog

Pongo

Hi Doctor, ;)

As you know from our email exchanges, I've also encountered automation issues (overdubbing), however...I have also had a similar problem, albeit infrequent:

A few times when I was attempting an overdub, I would find that many of my automation events would just disappear. For example, if I had 25 separate events and attempted an overdub, *sometimes* I would only see ~16 events (as an example) when I tried to then edit the timing of events.

I'm not very optimistic that these errors will be fixed in the next version of SLM, but hopefully a future update will address these issues.

Good luck!

Steve

arlo

Hi folks,

Quote from: Moon Dog on May 25, 2014, 03:03:39 PM
I have a song with a total of 36 events.  When I go into automation edit mode, I am tweaking the timing to be exact with my ProTools backing track times and every time I scroll past the 26th line item the edit screen goes blank.

Using a beta version of Set List Maker 4.0, I just recorded 40 events into an automation track, and when I edited the automation track, all the events appeared as expected. I was able to switch in and out of the timing mode with no problem.

Quote from: Pongo on May 27, 2014, 11:25:38 AM
A few times when I was attempting an overdub, I would find that many of my automation events would just disappear. For example, if I had 25 separate events and attempted an overdub, *sometimes* I would only see ~16 events (as an example) when I tried to then edit the timing of events.

I then overdubbed five more events onto that same automation track, stopped recording, then overdubbed five more. When I edited the track, I saw the original 40 events plus the 10 new ones.

Please give this a try when the new version is released in a few weeks, and let me know if you still see problems.

Cheers,
-Arlo