Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Updating data with tab-separated file

Started by BlindFish, May 29, 2014, 11:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlindFish

Hi Everyone,
is there a way to update existing song entries of the SLM by providing an updated import.txt file? As far as i can see, all existing song entries are greyed out although the imported table contains new / additional information.
I would like to keep track of my song data in one place and this should be a spreadsheet. At least it would be helpful to have the possibility to export the data the same way as it was imported. I couldn't figure out how to do that.

arlo

No, the song import function is designed to add songs to your database, but not to update songs that have already been added. You would need to make future edits to your songs within Set List Maker.

If you want the ability to edit songs from a computer, take a look at BandHelper, which includes a web interface that syncs with the app:

http://www.bandhelper.com

BlindFish

I have checked the features of BandHelper before and found it quite interesting for the more than weird communication within our band.

Does the repertoire feature really sync in both ways? Will it make the database syncing module of SLM obsolete if every member will be using the website?

arlo

QuoteDoes the repertoire feature really sync in both ways?
All the data will sync both ways between the app and the web interface -- is that what you mean?

QuoteWill it make the database syncing module of SLM obsolete if every member will be using the website?

The BandHelper iOS app and website would replace the Set List Maker iOS app. Your band members could use the app or the website interchangeably. The website is better for some data entry tasks, or for band members who don't have iOS devices. (Although an Android version is coming, too.) You can compare the website and app capabilities here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/main/app.html