Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

New version coming soon!

Started by arlo, June 23, 2014, 12:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

I've spent the last two weeks testing Set List Maker 4.0 and BandHelper 2.0. Now I just need to update the website tutorials and record some new demo videos and I can release these.

Here's a photo of my testing setup, with an iPad 1, iPad 3 and iPhone 5. It's challenging to support multiple devices and iOS versions, and it will get even harder when I add Android to the mix. :o

Pongo

Congratulations Arlo! I'm sure it's going to be [even more] amazing!

Any idea how soon this will actually be available, as I'm chomping at the bit to see if this solves my automation problems.

Christoph

Great news! Based on the beta versions, this will be (again) a big step forward. :)

One question: With SLM 4.0, you introduce features specific to iOS7 (e.g. layouts). Can you already say how long you can maintain support for older iOS versions? Because we and presumably many others are still using older devices, e.g. the 1st generation iPad - which is perfectly ok for SLM from a hardware standpoint.

arlo

Quote from: Christoph on June 24, 2014, 02:39:30 AM
One question: With SLM 4.0, you introduce features specific to iOS7 (e.g. layouts). Can you already say how long you can maintain support for older iOS versions? Because we and presumably many others are still using older devices, e.g. the 1st generation iPad - which is perfectly ok for SLM from a hardware standpoint.

The new custom layouts feature does not require iOS 7, but some other new features do. For future support, I plan to support older iOS versions as long as Apple's developer tools do. I haven't tested the iOS 8 developer tools yet to see if they support iOS 5, but after Set List Maker 4 is released and stabilized, I'll check that. I haven't seen an announcement from Apple about it, so I'll just have to check and see if it still works or not.

arlo

arlo

Quote from: Pongo on June 23, 2014, 01:20:27 PM
Any idea how soon this will actually be available, as I'm chomping at the bit to see if this solves my automation problems.

The apps (Set List Maker 4.0 and BandHelper 2.0) are now approved by Apple, and all the documentation is ready to go.

But I don't want to surprise anyone before their weekend gigs, so I'll click the Release button on Sunday morning.

GuyM

can we get a sneak document preview of what is coming in v4?

arlo

Here are my sketches for the new custom song layout functionality. It took several planning sessions over a weekend to sketch out all the changes for version 4, then four months to implement it. I hope you like it!

Moon Dog

90% of all my songs no longer show in my songs list (With the Audio Icon) When I look at the song details on the right, the backing track song associated with the song is still there, I double checked it is still on my iPad, but no longer plays or shows with the song listed! This is serious I have almost 70 songs now. What do I do?

Not sure why my iPad auto updated with this release....my backup iPad also auto-updated.

In performance layout I can't get any automation to work no audio and no way to control my show ......

I am ready to have a nervous break down....

Ruckman65

Hello Moon Dog. I have experienced a similar problem except I have around 300 songs. The songs seem to be linked but I can find no way of playing them! Also, with a document linked to a song, if I open the document, I can find no way out as there are no icons on the doc screen. I have to close the program each time. I have sent as couple of emails to Arlo and hope that these issues can be fixed soon or, if it is just user error, he can point us in the right direction.

arlo

I answered Ruckman65's emails already, but for future reference, you can exit a full-screen document by tapping the center of the document.

I can't quite tell what Moon Dog is asking here. If you need help, please start a new thread, one thread per issue, or send a message from Help > Request Tech Support in the app.