Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

SLM 4.0 - Can't Add Recordings to Existing Songs

Started by Moon Dog, June 29, 2014, 05:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon Dog

I went to practice today and my SLM had auto-updated...although I had no idea it was coming.

The  new version is VERY different the previous version.

Of my 112 songs in SLM only 9 songs show a Audio icon....WHAT!

Upon further investigation, all the songs still show the recording on my iPad associated to the song, but the icon does not show up and therefore you cannot play the backing track with these songs.

I tried re-adding the recording back in....nothing.
I tried deleting the existing recording and adding a different recording, still doesn't show up.

I can't imagine recreating 112 songs with all the information.

This is only the first of many issues I am discovering with Version 4.0.

HELP. 

arlo

Okay, it sounds like the new version doesn't recognize most of your recordings as valid for some reason. I'm not aware of any changes to the audio compatibility in this version, but I've heard a few reports of that.

Can you play the missing recordings from the Music app? Can you send me one of the recordings to test with?

Moon Dog

Yes I tested the songs in the music player they are all still there and all play fine just as before.
If I go to add those recordings SLM 4 sees the songs and lets me add them.
They just don't make the Audio Icon appear and therefore still do not play.

d_engel

Same problem here (@Arlo: just sent you a report by mail 5 minutes ago...), most of the recordings / audio files aren't playable, but there is maybe a kind of "pattern" which files to be shown & played and which not. All files that are still to be played have some commonality, but I can not say what exactly it is (at the moment).

Mattwilko

Hello. We are also experiencing this EXACT same problem. We have 475 songs and only 36 now have audio tracks. We have also tested them in the music player and all files are still there.
We we're told that maybe it was a file format problem but we have songs of different formats that both work. Also after contacting 'tech support' we we're told it might be a problem with empty fields ie artist, album etc, but this isn't the problem either as we have a few tracks with unknown artist and unknown album that still play.
This is all very worrying as we use our SLM every night as professional musicians. Any help or feedback would be very helpful!

arlo

It was Moon Dog who found the empty artist / empty album pattern. I'll post further updates here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,549.0.html