Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

SLM 4.0 - List Layout.

Started by Moon Dog, June 29, 2014, 05:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon Dog

Shows:
Select a show and now you are in a mode to choose a layout.
There is no Perform button, you have to choose a Performance Layout or Performance Portrait Layout.

The way SLM maker worked prior to 4.0 worked perfect for me. I need to perform from a list view, so I can skip songs take requests, see whats next when I change instruments etc. when I chose my song I get a full screen song, with controls to start my automation or scroll my song or start a backing track.

I can find no way to do this in SLM version 4.0.

In "List" Layout....it looks like the previous version but does not work like the previous version.
Even though all my songs have durations, none of the document icons have a down arrow to start the auto-scrolling.

If you select the Document icon in List view the chart/document shows full screen, but now you have no way to start the recording there is no Icon Accessible?
If you want to see your chart and hear your backing track you have to remember to.... First hit the Audio Icon Second hit the Document Icon.....

arlo

If you want to view the document -almost- full screen, but still keep some controls on the screen for auto-scrolling and recording, you can set up your own layout to do that. Probably the easiest would be to start with the Perform or Perform - Portrait layouts, then resize the left column to 0 width, then resize the document to fill the remaining space.

Then if you want to see the song list during the performance, you can tap the resize button at the top left corner of the screen to show the list column, and tap to hide it again. Alternatively, you can open and close the list column with a remote control action (e.g., a foot switch) or you can switch between the list layout and no-list layout with a remote control action.

Moon Dog

I have attempted to do what you explain here....
The problem is...when the navigation panel is closed the only thing showing in the upper left hand corner is two tiny little lines that look like this.

|i       

This is right up against the edge of the screen....while I am sitting at my desk it takes me on average about 4 times before I can get the setlist to actually open on the left side of the screen. This is a non-starter for live performance, I know I would be repeatedly hitting this and getting more and more distracted.
When the set list on the left is slide open  the vertical lines at the top are an easier size target     i|||i    60% more to put your finger on so getting back to full chart screen mode works ok. (If selecting the chart on the right side of the screen brought up full chart mode with controls that would be much better)

If I could add a button in layout mode to get back to the setlist that would fix this problem....

At this point I don't think I can use SLM for my live shows.

Also the position of the swiper changes like right now it is over the layout button so when I try to close the list and go to full screen chart mode....the layout drop down opens....

In split screen mode in Perform - Portrait layout, when you touch the chart it comes up in full screen but with none of the controls that are on the bottom?
(If selecting the chart on the right side of the screen brought up full chart mode with controls that would be much better)

Sorry I am just so frustrated right now....

arlo

The previous version of the app basically had three layouts (all set list, all document, or split screen) and if you selected a document in the set list, it would switch to the split screen or all document (depending on whether you're using portrait or landscape orientation). The new version lets you create any number of custom layouts but there's no way to automatically switch from one layout to another when you select a document. Is that the piece that you're missing?

Dsteven73

Some how I got an updated version of SLM I didn't want. It changed everything for me. I am experiencing the same thing that Moondog is experiencing. In addition my 4 and 5 page sheet music documents will not load properly and I can't get past the third page on my sheet music. That makes SLM unusable for live gigs. I am scrambling to find a solution because I do 400 gigs a year and cannot afford waste time with apps that don't perform as expected... If the prolblems cannot be addressed, I may be forced to finding another app. I don't have time for this...

arlo

Quote from: Dsteven73 on June 30, 2014, 09:04:58 AM
Some how I got an updated version of SLM I didn't want. It changed everything for me.

Please see my recommendations for new app versions:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,475.0.html

Now that the new version is installed, these resources should answer most of your questions:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mpi35SSdzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H803LTzm8Y

If you have additional questions, please start a new thread for each question, or use Help > Request Tech Support in the app.