Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

SLM 4.0 - Performance Portrait Layout

Started by Moon Dog, June 29, 2014, 05:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moon Dog

I can get the Automation controls and Autoscroll and Recording playback controls on this layout with a full screen chart. White controls on the White background are pretty hard to see.

But there is no easy way to toggle back and forth to the List view of the set. The Navigation swiper is not easy to use and if you don't swipe far enough you still can't read the set list. If I select the middle of the chart it just brings up the chart again....actually it has crashed a few times if I select the middle of the chart...so don't do that.

Also I used to do all my Automation programming from the Perform Screen.
None of  my midi Presets show up ..... Update. I went into Edit Mode and selected an empty space on the layout and got a drop down menu of things I could add to the layout. Cool...and look there is a Multiple Midi Button option.....There are all my midi presets. OK....I can size this and move it...great.
Only one problem....this list of usually 5 midi presets is White Text over my white charts....completely invisible. I know I can change the color scheme to Light or Dark but that doesn't change anything on the Performance Portrait Layout....it is still white icons and text on my white chart background.

In this Layout if you have a split screen with the setlist on the left and the chart on the right, you can't size the chart so you can only see part of it.
If you pick a different song from the list on the left the split screen remains. (I would expect the behaviour to be pick the song on the list and it pops up full screen....this is NOT how it works now). So, if you then pick the Doc/Chart on the right it does come up full screen, but with no controls (Audio, Doc, Automation). The only way to get from the list to a full screen chart with controls is to keep swiping the vertical navigation swiper with the 4 tiny little lines at the top. You would need to do this every time you need to see the setlist.

arlo

I can get the Automation controls and Autoscroll and Recording playback controls on this layout with a full screen chart. White controls on the White background are pretty hard to see.

Only one problem....this list of usually 5 midi presets is White Text over my white charts....completely invisible. I know I can change the color scheme to Light or Dark but that doesn't change anything on the Performance Portrait Layout....it is still white icons and text on my white chart background.

I didn't expect you would place other items on top of the document display. If you are using the dark color theme, then you will have white icons and a black background if you put your buttons into their own space rather than on top of a the document.

But there is no easy way to toggle back and forth to the List view of the set. The Navigation swiper is not easy to use and if you don't swipe far enough you still can't read the set list.

I'm not sure what you mean here. A screen shot would probably help orient me to what you're looking at.

In this Layout if you have a split screen with the setlist on the left and the chart on the right, you can't size the chart so you can only see part of it.

You can always edit the layout and resize the document viewer by dragging the lower-right corner.

If you pick a different song from the list on the left the split screen remains. (I would expect the behaviour to be pick the song on the list and it pops up full screen....this is NOT how it works now). So, if you then pick the Doc/Chart on the right it does come up full screen, but with no controls (Audio, Doc, Automation). The only way to get from the list to a full screen chart with controls is to keep swiping the vertical navigation swiper with the 4 tiny little lines at the top. You would need to do this every time you need to see the setlist.

I'll respond to this question in another of your threads that discusses it:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,546.0.html