Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

"Full screen" documents in 4.0

Started by arlo, June 30, 2014, 05:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pongo

Quote from: arlo on July 15, 2014, 11:46:22 PM
No, I'm not planning to record separate, iPhone-specific tutorials or videos. Generally the iPhone will display what you see in the left (navigation) column of the iPad, until you reach the end of a navigation path and then it will display what you see in the right column of the iPad.

So, how would I see a document full screen, while in the perform layout on my iPhone?

When I tap on the center of the document, it zooms to fill the document viewer, but I need it to `switch' out of the perform layout to be full screen. Currently, I can only edit the practice layout, to get the document to fill the screen.

The majority of my songs use a backing track, but for those that do not, I'd like to simply have the document [lyrics] appear full screen and scroll to the duration that I have set for the song.

Thanks...again.

arlo

Quote from: Pongo on July 24, 2014, 01:30:15 PM
When I tap on the center of the document, it zooms to fill the document viewer, but I need it to `switch' out of the perform layout to be full screen. Currently, I can only edit the practice layout, to get the document to fill the screen.

If the document has zoomed but is still displaying within the frame of the document viewer, it sounds like you double-tapped it. Just a single-tap will toggle the document in and out of full-screen display.

Pongo

Quote from: arlo on July 24, 2014, 02:51:54 PM
If the document has zoomed but is still displaying within the frame of the document viewer, it sounds like you double-tapped it. Just a single-tap will toggle the document in and out of full-screen display.

That's what I thought, but my device is not responding consistently. Perhaps it's the screen on my Iphone (3GS)...which is why Fred Flinstone sold it to me. LOL!

arlo

That's what I thought, but my device is not responding consistently. Perhaps it's the screen on my Iphone (3GS)...which is why Fred Flinstone sold it to me. LOL!

If you posted screen shots before and after the single-tap, that might clarify what's happening.

PauBass

Arlo I have watched the video, from 2.58, and I can now have a similar perform view to the one we had on the old version of set List Maker by editing the document only as explained on the video.
The problem here is I have to do this for every single database I have saved. Is there any way around it, please?

Also, once I have finished editing, or adding more info to a song, I click on another song from my list to edit too and Set List Maker will close down, this happens many times, not all the time but quite a few times.

arlo

Arlo I have watched the video, from 2.58, and I can now have a similar perform view to the one we had on the old version of set List Maker by editing the document only as explained on the video.
The problem here is I have to do this for every single database I have saved. Is there any way around it, please?

Sorry, layouts like all other settings are per-database. Adding a feature to copy layouts between databases is on my to do list, probably for version 4.1.

Also, once I have finished editing, or adding more info to a song, I click on another song from my list to edit too and Set List Maker will close down, this happens many times, not all the time but quite a few times.

I've been tracking that bug for a while, but can't reproduce it and can't figure out the cause of it. As soon as I do, I'll release a fix.

PauBass

Quote from: arlo on August 24, 2014, 02:17:05 PM
Sorry, layouts like all other settings are per-database. Adding a feature to copy layouts between databases is on my to do list, probably for version 4.1.

I've been tracking that bug for a while, but can't reproduce it and can't figure out the cause of it. As soon as I do, I'll release a fix.

Thanks Arlo!
Yes, a feature to copy layouts between databases would be a big help

fleahead

This is redirected from the "A Big Favor" thread:

Arlo, I have not updated my initial 5 Star review, and I am a true supporter of SLM, but I have to agree with others that 4.0 is somewhat of a step backward, primarily due to the removal of the Full Screen lyrics display as it functioned in V3. I agree that I can make the lyrics appear  full screen, but the functionality and control is lacking that V3 had.

What specifically do you think is missing? Please look at the Full-Screen Documents thread and post a question there if you still don't see what you're looking for.

The main problem is that my SLM is not functioning as the tutorial shows. It all goes back to the problem I described in reply #6 of this thread. Your reply #7 said that it is indeed a bug, but the fix as not been released yet. I presume it is still in the works, because the last patch didn't fix it.

So, in my case, that is what functionality that I had in V3 that I don't have in V4. I don't understand the previous post about using an A/B box. The only A/B boxes I know about are used to switch printers. Is the an A/B box option somewhere in SLM???
Jim in Ohio

arlo

Quote from: fleahead on August 29, 2014, 07:14:24 AM
The main problem is that my SLM is not functioning as the tutorial shows. It all goes back to the problem I described in reply #6 of this thread. Your reply #7 said that it is indeed a bug, but the fix as not been released yet. I presume it is still in the works, because the last patch didn't fix it.

Here's a recap of the problem mentioned in posts 6 and 7 above, and in emails around July 15: You have a list-only layout, with a recording button included in the list, and song selection actions to open the document and start a recording. When you select a song, the document opens full-screen and the recording starts playing. When you close the full-screen document, the recording button is not linked to the currently-playing recording, so you can't stop the recording.

I replied to one of your emails that that was fixed in version 4.0.3 six weeks ago, and you replied back that you were still having the problem. I just checked it again now and it is still working correctly on my end.

At this point I think it would be helpful to restate what problem you're seeing, in case we're talking about different things.

fleahead

In SETTINGS/AUTOMATION only the following are ON:

Play Automation Track
Play Recording
Open Document or Lyrics
Auto-scroll
Close song list
Send MIDI

Then I created a new layout with the SET LIST optioned to show:

Labels
Song number
Restart Song Numbering
Recording button
MIDI button
Automation button
Key
Duration

The Right side of the screen splitter is set to show:

Lyrics
Automation
MIDI
Duration
Recording
List Full Screen

I slid the screen divider all the way left so that only the lyrics and controls are visible, then saved the layout. When I tap on any song on the LIST, a full screen document screen pops up, but it is not the display I established in the layout edit. There are no controls visible. Nothing on the screen except the lyrics. If I tap the center of the screen, THEN the lyrics layout I created appears, with the controls I want displayed. If I tap the List Full Screen button, it does return me to the full screen set list. This full screen document that pops up when I tap the song on the list is not what the video shows. If I could get this to work like the video, that would be ideal.
Jim in Ohio

arlo

Quote from: fleahead on August 29, 2014, 12:13:21 PM
I slid the screen divider all the way left so that only the lyrics and controls are visible, then saved the layout. When I tap on any song on the LIST, a full screen document screen pops up, but it is not the display I established in the layout edit. There are no controls visible. Nothing on the screen except the lyrics. If I tap the center of the screen, THEN the lyrics layout I created appears, with the controls I want displayed. If I tap the List Full Screen button, it does return me to the full screen set list. This full screen document that pops up when I tap the song on the list is not what the video shows. If I could get this to work like the video, that would be ideal.

I think you just need to turn off the Open Document or Lyrics song selection action. That will open the document full-screen, but you don't want it full-screen, you just want to return to your song layout, which the Close Song List song selection action is already doing for you.

fleahead

OK success ! It seems to be operating how I want it. Thanks...

Here's something I see that doesn't seem right, though. On my document layout I added Recording controls on the bottom of the screen, and it appears and operates properly. However, when I go back to the full screen list display, the recording controls are still on the bottom of the screen. Is this how it is supposed to be? I don't see any of the other controls I have placed in the document layout. It's not causing me any grief, but seems odd.
Jim in Ohio

arlo

Quote from: fleahead on September 01, 2014, 12:18:20 PM
On my document layout I added Recording controls on the bottom of the screen, and it appears and operates properly. However, when I go back to the full screen list display, the recording controls are still on the bottom of the screen. Is this how it is supposed to be?

Please send a message from Help > Request Tech Support so I can see your settings, and a screen shot showing the problem.

arlo

Quote from: PauBass on August 28, 2014, 02:36:03 AM
Yes, a feature to copy layouts between databases would be a big help

In the upcoming app version 4.1, the layouts menu includes options to Copy In This Database or Copy To Another Database ... so you can use that to copy layouts between databases.

More info is here:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html
http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,848.0.html

arlo

Quote from: dcraftfrombr on July 09, 2014, 07:19:26 PM
Also I like the idea that I can resize the document window to add the notes field below it. Now how can I either change the color of the notes or possibly add a horizontal line to separate the document from the notes?

In Set List Maker 5.0, which I submitted to Apple today, you can add a box behind notes or other items for a simple background color, or add lines to organize your layouts. These features are demonstrated at 4:27 in this video:

https://youtu.be/KSrKK5rpQRk