Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Version 4.0 FAQ

Started by arlo, July 03, 2014, 12:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simeonw

hello arlo,

if my ipad crash how can i backup the songs in my setlist maker

greetz
simeon

arlo

Quote from: simeonw on July 10, 2014, 03:59:22 AM
if my ipad crash how can i backup the songs in my setlist maker

See the last item on this page for backup options:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/FAQ.html

arlo

Quote from: dr_rollo on July 08, 2014, 12:58:32 AM
We often get requests for encores which need to be added to the setlist as fast as possible. So the add song button in the old performance view was appreciated.

I've restored this function to the upcoming version 4.0.4. You'll see a "Quick Add" button at the bottom of the song list in the show view, and it should work the same as in previous versions. You can also tap the Edit button if you want to make more detailed edits.

This should be available around Monday or Tuesday of next week. All the changes are listed here:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html

Stewage

Hi Arlo, how do I get back the perform view with the set duration, projected end time etc. that used to be at the bottom left of the screen. This was crucial for timing sets. Thanks.

Stew.

arlo

Quote from: Stewage on July 17, 2014, 12:41:55 PM
Hi Arlo, how do I get back the perform view with the set duration, projected end time etc. that used to be at the bottom left of the screen. This was crucial for timing sets. Thanks.

Please see this page and if you need more help, send a message from Help > Request Tech Support so I can see your setup:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/custom_layouts.html

Mikkel Borre

Hey there. First of all, great app. I've been using it for a long time now, but with the update i am missing som key features I was using:

- The pen that you use to write comments/notes in a document with your finger? I can't seem to find it when I am in a eg. a song where i have the document as a PDF.

- The metronome stops after 2 bars, and there is no sound?

-

arlo

- The pen that you use to write comments/notes in a document with your finger? I can't seem to find it when I am in a eg. a song where i have the document as a PDF.

You can go to the Songs or Documents list, tap a document icon, then tap the Annotate button in the bottom toolbar.

- The metronome stops after 2 bars, and there is no sound?

Do you have Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Tempo Options > Auto-Stop Bars turned on?

dr_rollo

Quote from: arlo on August 12, 2014, 08:18:06 AM
You can go to the Songs or Documents list, tap a document icon, then tap the Annotate button in the bottom ...
It would be great to have the button to switch to annotate mode also in other views, e.g. Practice view. I used to make annotations when preparing new songs at home or at rehearsals.

arlo

Quote from: dr_rollo on September 11, 2014, 12:14:32 PM
It would be great to have the button to switch to annotate mode also in other views, e.g. Practice view. I used to make annotations when preparing new songs at home or at rehearsals.

This is on my to do list for version 4.1.

jowidi

I still use Set List Maker on my iPad 1 because that peace of technology refuses to die ;-)
I understand that iOS5 is the reason that I cannot change font colors while editing a song. Unfortunately the default color scheme in V.4.0 when editing a song is a light grey font on a dark grey background. This is not very easy to read, especially when you use the magnifying glass mode to place your cursor. It gets worse when the light conditions are unfavorable.

Is there any way to revert that to the friendly black and white we had in V.3.x?

arlo

Quote from: jowidi on October 08, 2014, 12:18:51 AM
Unfortunately the default color scheme in V.4.0 when editing a song is a light grey font on a dark grey background. This is not very easy to read, especially when you use the magnifying glass mode to place your cursor.

Can you post a screen shot? As far as I know, the colors on an iPad 1 are the same in version 4 as they were in version 3.

jowidi

This is how the editing window looks on my iPad (hope you can see that, I could not figure out how to post a screenshot so I included it as an attachment)

arlo

Maybe it's not ideal, but the app has had that color scheme since version 3.0 was released in September 2012. I haven't had any feedback on it since then, and it now only affects the iPad 1, so I don't think I will revise it now.

jowidi

Well, i feel it's time to sit on my iPad then ;-)

arlo