Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Copy custom Layouts

Started by dcraftfrombr, July 09, 2014, 07:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcraftfrombr

If I copy a Layout and make changes, how do I copy this new Layout to other databases? Or better yet, can the Layouts be global across all databases?

arlo

There's no way to copy layouts between databases or between devices currently, but this is on my wish list.

arlo

In the upcoming app version 4.1, the layouts menu includes options to Copy In This Database or Copy To Another Database ... so you can use that to copy layouts between databases.

More info is here:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html
http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,848.0.html

doglegleftmusic

Arlo,
I too want to copy a custom layout but I'm not following the explanation.  I go to my custom layout hit "copy to another database" and nothing happens.  I would expect it would ask which database, but I am not seeing my layout called "Jim's Layout" in any other database.  I tried hitting "add" in a different dBase but it doesn't show up.  I'm sure I am missing something simple?  Any help on this?

arlo

Are you using iOS or Android, and which OS version?

doglegleftmusic

SORRY, Forgot to include...  I am current IOS 8.1.3 on iPad 2 with current SLM. 

arlo

I just tested this and didn't see any problems. Tap the Layouts button, then tap Copy, then tap Copy To Another Database, and the next thing that happens is a list of databases appears as a popup menu. Do you see that?

doglegleftmusic

No. Still not seeing it.. 
I'm starting from data base "Jim's Songs", tap "smart list by artist", open a song, than:
Quote from: arlo on February 21, 2015, 01:53:18 AMTap the Layouts button, then tap Copy, then tap Copy To Another Database,

My background screen goes slightly darker as if it is looking for other database. I can make a copy within the same database so the menu works.  As a test, I tried song copy to another database and it saw my other d-bases so it recognizes them. 

I'll send a request so you can see it.

As always, thanks Arlo!

arlo

Okay, you're using a song-only layout and it looks like the database list doesn't appear correctly when you're using a song-only or list-only layout. So as a temporary workaround, you can drag the split view divider so you see some of the song list, then copy your layout. The layout will be copied without the temporary split view sizing.

doglegleftmusic

That didn't seem to work....  Until I turned my tablet sideways to landscape view.  I didn't even think about that.  It looks like I have the same layout in other data base.  Thanks Arlo!

arlo