Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Trying to wrap my head around the automation features

Started by Pongo, July 17, 2014, 10:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

Quote from: Pongo on July 28, 2014, 03:48:48 PM
No, my support request said:
Please see my latest post in your forum regarding my automation problem.

The support email was sent at 9:33 PM, so the post that I was referencing was my post in this thread at 9:21 PM. You followed-up with a post at 5:11 PM, the following day, so...this is very much related to this problem as well, since prior to this I had not encountered a single crash, on either of my devices (each running 4.0.4).

I haven't seen in any of your recent posts the steps required to reproduce a crash. If I missed it, please provide a link to it, or better yet, send it to me as a tech support request.

In the future, if you want to reference a specific forum post, please provide a link to that post.

Pongo

*sigh*

IMHO, the crashes are somehow linked to this same problem. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I'm hopeful that once this issue is resolved, the crashes will be resolved as well.

So, what do you think about the different automation commands that are being generated?

Better yet, how can I get `Recording Start/Stop' command consistently, since this command seems to work!

Thanks

arlo

Quote from: Pongo on July 29, 2014, 08:24:44 AM
So, what do you think about the different automation commands that are being generated?

I'll look into that before the next update.

Pongo

Thanks Arlo.

At this point, I would like to have you lock this thread, as I have now been able to update all of my songs, by deleting and re-attaching the `play recording' command in the automation track(s). No idea why the command names were changed, but it seems to have worked.

arlo

Quote from: Pongo on July 27, 2014, 01:26:29 PM
I have seen a few automation events (pertaining to a `play recording' command) that have (null) after the event. What would cause such an event?

I've checked into this and it looks like the (null) in the automation edit window is a result of automating the playback of a recording that has an empty artist or album field in iTunes. This will be fixed in the upcoming version 4.0.5 update, but unfortunately you would have to delete this event from the automation track and re-record the playback event with that version to make it work with the multiple recording buttons.

This problem only happens when recording the audio playback event from the multiple recording buttons, because in that case the automation event includes a pointer to the specific recording that was played. When recording an audio playback event from a single recording button, the automation event simply plays the default recording attached to a song, so the title/artist/album doesn't matter.

Aside from the empty artist or album issue, recording and playing automation using the multiple recording buttons versus the single recording button should work fine.

Pongo

Thanks Arlo.

FWIW, I was having similar (null) messages [MANY] in V 3.4, which was tied to the automation overdubbing issues that I could never resolve.

None of my songs [ in 3.4] had a multiple recording button associated with them. The difference then was that the Automation (null) message would show as the only event after my overdub and had wiped out all previously recorded automation.