Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Restore DB to new iPad

Started by Wahwahweeks, July 18, 2014, 02:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahwahweeks

My old iPad flew off stage and smashed on the dance floor!  :( I reinstalled setlistmaker and the sync extension on the new iPad. The database is empty. My keyboard player exported the huge set list to a .plist file and sent it to my computer.

How do I import the email attachment into setlistmaker on my iPad?

The band is called "Our Dad". The plist file is called "Our Dad.plist". I have created a new account called "Wahwahweeks" and I 'think' I had an account called "our dad". I can't understand how to login or logout of an account from setlistmaker. Does/can each database have a different ID&pw?

Is my 'account name' (& pw) different from my 'sync name' (& pw) ?

Confused! Help! I have a gig tomorrow night, and need my setlistmaker back!
Thanks in advance, Steve Weeks

arlo

If you were backing up your old iPad through iCloud or iTunes, then the best thing to do when you start up the new iPad for the first time is accept the option to set it up from a backup of your old iPad. This will install all your apps, data and settings exactly as they were on the old device. If you already skipped this option, you can still start over and restore the iPad from a backup now.

If you don't have a backup of your old device, you will have to install apps and settings manually. You can install your Set List Maker database if you were using Set List Maker's database sync feature, but you will have to install any documents and recordings separately.

To use the database sync option, you should have a sync name and password for each database. If you don't know these but you were syncing with a bandmate, you can get them from the Settings > Database Sync page on your bandmate's device. Then you can create a new database on your new device and enter the sync name and password into it, then repeat for each additional database you were syncing.

Wahwahweeks

Arlo, Thank you. Your response is really appreciated. It does all look very well designed and made.

Actually I can't seem to get the password right. Also when I tried to create a new database and start again, I tried to create a new ID&pw pair but got the same message, there is no match, which probably means this is the place for entering existing pairs, and there is another place where I register a new pair? I'm using settings->DB-sync to enter the ID&pw, but it does not tell me if I'm supposed to be entering a pair that matches an existing sync name, or a new pair that specifies a new sync name?

My band mate told me the sync name from settings>dbsync but said the pw was hidden. Tonight at the gig I'll show him the icon that reveals the pw. Maybe the sync option can save the day yet.

Wahwahweeks

Wow! Once I got the password (by pressing the 'eye' icon) from the keyboard players's iPad, I was able to retrieve all my 'lost' data from the cloud. Fantastic. I have a list of about 200 passwords, but this was missing from the list :(
Big lesson - look after ALL your passwords.
Thanks Arlo for your help, and for a brilliant application.
PS we had a great gig too :)
Love & Hugs

arlo

Glad it's taken care of ... and sorry to hear about the smashed iPad!