Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Multiple midi presets to TD-20 drummodule and to GT-3 effectsprocessor

Started by Mrx65a, July 19, 2014, 06:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrx65a

Hi there, love SLM but having a hard time changing programs with multiple midi devices.

I use multiple midi signals to change programs from SLM (midi out) to a Roland TD-20 (midi in, midi out/thru) to Roland GT-3 (midi in). I want to expand on that with a Korg X-50.

I've set the various midi devices to the right channel.
I've set all midi presets with midi program change, no raw midi. One midi device per preset.
In songs i assign the midi presets to the songs. Always same sort order.
In settings midi & audio, send presets at same time is on.

When I select a song in showmode, the program of the TD-20 changes to the right sound. The same midi preset is sent to the GT-3, so there the wrong sound is selected. When I select the song a second time, the program of the GT-3 changes to the right sound. When selecting the next song and the first midi preset is the same as the previous song, then the second midi preset is selected at the first tap of the song.

Is it possible to change both midi devices (or more, depending on the number of midi presets attached to the song), at one touch selecting the next song?

And might I suggest to introduce the possibility to choose a default midi program fo each midi device? Now, with 2 devices attached, I have to attach a midi preset for each device to each song, because when i attach just one preset to the song, the second device jumps to that same preset.

arlo

When I select a song in showmode, the program of the TD-20 changes to the right sound. The same midi preset is sent to the GT-3, so there the wrong sound is selected. When I select the song a second time, the program of the GT-3 changes to the right sound. When selecting the next song and the first midi preset is the same as the previous song, then the second midi preset is selected at the first tap of the song.

MIDI program changes are sent on a particular channel. You said you set the channel for your receiving MIDI devices, but it sounds like one or both of them is responding to program changes from any channel. I would check the settings and make sure they are only receiving program changes for one channel -- and a different channel for each device.

Is it possible to change both midi devices (or more, depending on the number of midi presets attached to the song), at one touch selecting the next song?

Yes, and you don't need separate MIDI presets either -- you could put the program changes for all the devices into one MIDI preset.

Now, with 2 devices attached, I have to attach a midi preset for each device to each song, because when i attach just one preset to the song, the second device jumps to that same preset.

I think that confirms that you're either trying to use the same channel for both devices, or one of the devices is listening on all channels.

arlo

Please tap Help > Request Tech Support in the app and fill in the questions there.