Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Two document questions

Started by revola, July 23, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revola

Hi, I'm a new user and have 2 questions regarding documents.
1. If I import a document using iTunes, connect it to a song and save it, may I remove it from the list of documents in iTunes?  I may be mistaken, but I thought the document removed itself from the saved song when I tried that.

2. When I am in perform mode, I see a list of songs.  When I select a song, I believe I can get the attached song file to play (I want to use backing tracks), but I did not see a way for the songsheet (attached document) to automatically go to full screen for scrolling.  Can I do that?

Thanks.

arlo

I'm a new user...

Great, welcome aboard.  :)

1. If I import a document using iTunes, connect it to a song and save it, may I remove it from the list of documents in iTunes?  I may be mistaken, but I thought the document removed itself from the saved song when I tried that.

The iTunes File Sharing window shows you all the documents inside of an app, so if you remove a document from there, you will be removing it from the app. So no, you should not remove the document from the list you see in iTunes.

2. When I am in perform mode, I see a list of songs.  When I select a song, I believe I can get the attached song file to play (I want to use backing tracks), but I did not see a way for the songsheet (attached document) to automatically go to full screen for scrolling.  Can I do that?

If your layout includes a document viewer (like the predefined Perform layout) there is no song selection action to open the document full-screen. If your layout does not include a document viewer (like the predefined List Only or Dashboard layouts) then tapping a document button or using the Open Document Or Lyrics song selection action will open the document full-screen (because there is nowhere else to open it).

Instead of viewing a truly full-screen document, you could use the predefined Document Only layout, and then use the song list button to quickly show the song list when you need it.