Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Database Sync question

Started by Pongo, July 24, 2014, 09:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pongo

Hi Arlo,

I finally updated SLM to 4.0.4 on both of my devices. I used the DB Sync feature on my primary device to upload the changes to your server. I now want to sync the same DB on my backup device, but I do not want to `upload' changes from that device, rather download the changes from my primary device to this device. When I navigate to Settings>Database Sync>Synchronization, it shows `Sync Now (upload 112 changes).

What is the procedure for doing that?

Thanks again,

arlo

You have 112 unsynced changes on your backup device. If you want to lose those changes and force your backup device to match your other device(s), you can tap Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Local Data on your backup device.

If you want to avoid making future changes on your backup device, you can enable Settings > Database Sync > Read Only on your backup device.

Pongo

Excellent!

I just need to remember to switch off the Read Only option, if I want to edit any of my songs, since that option had me stumped...when I was attempting to edit a song.

Thank you.