Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Author Topic: Database Sync question  (Read 3568 times)

Pongo

Database Sync question
« on: July 24, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »
Hi Arlo,

I finally updated SLM to 4.0.4 on both of my devices. I used the DB Sync feature on my primary device to upload the changes to your server. I now want to sync the same DB on my backup device, but I do not want to `upload' changes from that device, rather download the changes from my primary device to this device. When I navigate to Settings>Database Sync>Synchronization, it shows `Sync Now (upload 112 changes).

What is the procedure for doing that?

Thanks again,
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:29:03 AM by Pongo »

arlo

• Administrator
Re: Database Sync question
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:41:10 AM »
You have 112 unsynced changes on your backup device. If you want to lose those changes and force your backup device to match your other device(s), you can tap Help > Troubleshooting > Reset Local Data on your backup device.

If you want to avoid making future changes on your backup device, you can enable Settings > Database Sync > Read Only on your backup device.

Pongo

Re: Database Sync question
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 09:51:34 AM »
Excellent!

I just need to remember to switch off the Read Only option, if I want to edit any of my songs, since that option had me stumped...when I was attempting to edit a song.

Thank you.