Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

A big favor...

Started by arlo, August 01, 2014, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

If you were considering buying Set List Maker based on the App Store reviews posted since version 4.0, you'd think it can't display full-screen documents, can't share set lists, can't manage multiple databases and is totally unusable on stage. Most of these reviewers have overlooked popular features and options that still exist, but prospective users don't know the difference, and new sales have dropped. I track all your ideas and I'd like to implement more of them, but I need ongoing sales to fund ongoing development.

You can help me get back on track by writing a well-informed review now. Just open the App Store app on your device (or iTunes on your computer), search for Set List Maker, and click the Write a Review button. If you have written a review previously, your old review will appear and you can update it. Your review will appear online in 1-2 days.

And as always, if you find a problem with the app, please contact me to see if a solution is available before writing a damaging review.

Thanks!  :D

andrewmullin

hi

I have posted. A review.
Andy

fleahead

Arlo, I have not updated my initial 5 Star review, and I am a true supporter of SLM, but I have to agree with others that 4.0 is somewhat of a step backward, primarily due to the removal of the Full Screen lyrics display as it functioned in V3. I agree that I can make the lyrics appear  full screen, but the functionality and control is lacking that V3 had. If I am missing something here, then I have never seen an explaination of how to make it happen. I've made numerous tech support reports describing my situation, but I have not yet been given a satisfactory solution.

I agree, there are many good updates in V4, such as the Practice feature, and the improved device linking, but as a working musician, with everything riding on SLM, the Performance functionality is the only thing that really is important to me, and I feel I have lost part of that with V4. Ethically, I could not update my review indicating that everything is peachy keen, when in-fact it is not.

I am at somewhat of a loss as to why you can't add a Performance MODE, outside of the layout format, that V4 is based on. Your programming skills are almost magical with some of the features you have come up with, so I can't understand why a MODE feature that would mimic the old Performance Mode of V3 would be a major challenge.

Jim in Ohio

PS.. I did just go in and add a favorable review. I see what you mean about the negative posts. Complete over-reaction.
Jim in Ohio

arlo

Arlo, I have not updated my initial 5 Star review, and I am a true supporter of SLM, but I have to agree with others that 4.0 is somewhat of a step backward, primarily due to the removal of the Full Screen lyrics display as it functioned in V3. I agree that I can make the lyrics appear  full screen, but the functionality and control is lacking that V3 had.

What specifically do you think is missing? Please look at the Full-Screen Documents thread and post a question there if you still don't see what you're looking for.

arlo

I received a series of good reviews in the last two weeks, and the sales numbers started improving within a few days, so it seems that the reviews do matter. Thanks for your support!