Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Missing start of recordings

Started by Pongo, August 06, 2014, 08:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pongo

But wait...there's more!!

NOW, for yet another unknown reason, I have songs that have the intro truncated (by ~ 0.20 seconds) when I tap the recording icon in either the Recordings view, Songs view or in the Show view. If I manually return to zero by tapping the Recording playback controller ( |<<) the songs play correctly. So, even though I was making changes to the volume for these songs, it appears that somehow this registered in SLM as a Trim from Start edit, somehow. I didn't keep a log of the songs that I made volume adjustments to, but my simple logic tells me that this may be related anyway.

I never EVER wanted to be `That Guy' that complains endlessly about this app, but I seem to be having more than my share of problems...just getting things to work right!

So much for my plans to finish building my show before trying it out tomorrow night.

( I sent you an email with a YouTube link, to a short video, that I just posted of this issue).

arlo

If you're not using an external USB audio output port, then you can go to Settings > Audio & MIDI > Audio Options and clear the three Output Port settings and that should take care of it.

Pongo

Thanks Arlo, that did the trick, but...

What would have caused that? Do I need to follow this procedure before opening a Show, just in case?

I've been using the headphone output jack from my iPad Mini to connect to my mixer. After reading your instructions, I saw a white x in the Settings>Audio & MIDI>Recording Output Port, next to `Headphones'. Tapping that, to delete it, worked.

Just to test this, I selected Headphones again...tapped on the x...the x reappeared and the recording was playing incorrectly again, so this is definitely the solution.

arlo

I think the only way that setting would get there is if you put it there. But it's only needed if you want to split audio between the onboard ports and an external USB port.

Pongo

But I never changed that, as I would have had no reason to do so (since I'm only using the headphone output).

Pongo

Is this same option (Settings>Audio & Midi>Recording Output Port) not available on the iPhone 3GS w/ ios 6.0.1?

arlo

Correct ... multiple output ports requires iOS 7.

Pongo

Thanks Arlo.

Does SLM also require ios 7 to send audio via Bluetooth? I'm using a wireless Bluetooth speaker with my iPad Mini, but not getting much `love' using it with the iPhone. The latency issues with the AirPort Express, forced me to try this work-around...which works great on the iPad. No noticeable latency or audio degradation and it eliminates the pesky cable coming out of the iPad.

The only reason why I started looking for the multiple output ports option on my iPhone, was because I can't get [sound familiar? LOL] AirPlay to play audio from SLM. It plays it fine from the music player on my phone, but when I try to play a recording from SLM, the speaker icon turns orange, but the recording control slider doesn't move. It's as if SLM freezes, without actually...freezing.

Thanks,

arlo

I don't think AirPlay requires iOS 7. I'm not sure if the AirPlay routing setting is shared by all apps or not. When an AirPlay receiver is available, you should see the selection icon appear to the right of the recording toolbar, so you could check that to make sure AirPlay output is selected.

Pongo

I do see the AirPlay icon in the Perform Layout, but when I tap and hold (to select the Bluetooth speaker), the audio does not play.
As mentioned, the Recording Control slider doesn't move either, so the Recording isn't even attempting to play.

arlo

I'll test this and get back to you.

arlo

I tested the audio playback to the Bluetooth receiver in a car stereo from Set List Maker and BandHelper on iOS 7 and iOS 5. Set List Maker uses a different audio framework than BandHelper, and iOS 6-7 use a different audio framework than iOS 5. The only combination that didn't seem to work was Set List Maker with iOS 7 (iOS 6 would be the same). I have a portable Bluetooth audio receiver on order to do further testing, because the Bluetooth connections are pretty flaky in my car.

arlo

I got a Homespot Bluetooth audio receiver from Amazon so I could do more testing with this. After some adjustments, I think the Bluetooth audio connections are happening much more reliably now. The audio quality sounds pretty good, too, but I can't say I'd recommend it for a performance.

The only trick is that you cannot have Settings > Audio & MIDI > Audio Options > Multi-Route Output turned on. That disables Bluetooth audio output. I've reported that as a bug to Apple and they have acknowledged it but have not fixed it.

These changes will be included in the next version 4.0.6 around the middle of September.