Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Midi beginner

Started by 897, August 19, 2014, 09:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello,
I play guitar and use setlist maker 3.x. many of my songs, it would be very good if I had an accompaniment in the form of a cajon or similar. Since setlistmaker also midi data processed I think driving a drum computer.
My questions would be:
- Is this possible?
- Can i instruct setlistmaker to play a drum computer set only to certain parts of the songs?
- If so, what drum computer would you recommend?

Werner

arlo

You could use Set List Maker to select, start and stop programs on a drum machine by setting up MIDI presets and attaching them to your songs.

To make the drum machine start and stop or change programs at different points in the songs, you could create an automation track, but I think it would be easier just to pre-record your desired sequence, save it as an MP3 and play it as a backing track.

Hopefully someone else can make a recommendation on a good drum machine to use.

Hi Arlo,
thank you for your reply. When i understood everythinfüg correct so i only can start and stop a midi file with setlistmaker?
Does i have to start every midi at the beginning of the song or can i define a trigger?

Can i also trigger dmx for light?

Werner

arlo

thank you for your reply. When i understood everythinfüg correct so i only can start and stop a midi file with setlistmaker?

Set List Maker can't play MIDI files, but if you have another app that can play MIDI files and respond to MIDI messages, then you can control that app from Set List Maker using whatever MIDI messages it supports. Sweet MIDI Player is one app that other people have used for this.

Does i have to start every midi at the beginning of the song or can i define a trigger?

You could send the MIDI message by tapping a button on the screen, pressing a remote foot switch or other controller, or setting up an automation track that sends the MIDI at a specific time after you select the song.

Can i also trigger dmx for light?

Yes, you can control DMX controllers if they support MIDI input.

Basically, Set List Maker can send any MIDI message, so the trick is finding out what messages your target device can respond to so you can enter them into Set List Maker.