Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

iOS 8 Update Info

Started by arlo, August 26, 2014, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arlo

I just submitted app version 4.0.8, which should take care of the problem of removing set breaks from a show:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html

arlo

Unfortunately it looks like iOS 8.1 does not address the RTF and Open In issues.

arlo

jeffwass

iOS 8.1.2 just hit.  I have held off installing it on my iPad2 that I use for gigs until I hear if it is okay for SLM.  I am going to go ahead and test it on my iPad Air. 

Arlo:  Can you let us know when you have had a chance to look at it?

MickeyKeys

Quote from: jeffwass on December 09, 2014, 07:08:02 PM
iOS 8.1.2 just hit.  I have held off installing it on my iPad2 that I use for gigs until I hear if it is okay for SLM.  I am going to go ahead and test it on my iPad Air. 

Arlo:  Can you let us know when you have had a chance to look at it?

Jeffwass, any impressions of your own yet?
I've been holding off on my Mini for the same reason. Having just made the jump to Bandhelper, our data will be pretty safe on the server but the Mini is the brain of my stage rig and I don't want to see it scrambled by a dodgy OS "upgrade" with two major gigs coming up.
- Mike

"I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage,
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right".

arlo

I've done a small amount of testing on iOS 8.1.2, and haven't seen any problems yet. I haven't heard of problems from other users, either.

arlo

I just learned that RTF display has been fixed in a recent version of iOS 8 (I'm not sure which version), but the background is now transparent. So if you are viewing RTF files with the dark color theme, the text might be invisible. If you change to the light color theme, you should see the RTF file again.

This is how Word files have worked for a while, and the app addresses that by placing a light background behind Word files in the dark color theme. I'll update the app to do the same thing for RTFs in the upcoming version 4.1, so you can use RTFs with the dark color theme again.

I believe that resolves all the iOS 8 related issues.