Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

2 features questions (repeat and auto-start next song)

Started by Blu Gruv, August 28, 2014, 02:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blu Gruv

Hello,

Does anyone know --- does Set List Maker support a REPEAT function?   That is, it starts a song and just repeats and repeats it until I stop it?  I would want to do this with no gaps between stop and start.

And --- does SLM support auto-start of sequential songs?  That is, can I start a song and then have it automatically start the next song at the end?  This is for playing medlies -- without a break between the songs.

Finally:  can I control those above 2 functions with a MIDI controller?  Example:
    - start a song that auto-repeats
    - when I want, I send a MIDI command from my controller and SLM finishes the current song, then automatically starts the next song

Thank you !!!!   Boy - I hope these are possible...

arlo

Does anyone know --- does Set List Maker support a REPEAT function?   That is, it starts a song and just repeats and repeats it until I stop it?  I would want to do this with no gaps between stop and start.

You can use the loop controls in the extended recording toolbar, which is included in the predefined Practice layout, or you can add it to any layout. However, this is meant to be used for practice; it doesn't have the precision positioning that you would need for performance use.

And --- does SLM support auto-start of sequential songs?  That is, can I start a song and then have it automatically start the next song at the end?  This is for playing medlies -- without a break between the songs.

Yes, on the Settings > Automation page, you can enable Song Completion Actions > Triggered By > Recording, Song Completion Actions > Select Next Song, and Song Selection Actions > Play Recording. Then when one recording finishes, the next song will be selected and its recording will start, and this will continue until you reach a pause or a break.

Finally:  can I control those above 2 functions with a MIDI controller?  Example:
    - start a song that auto-repeats
    - when I want, I send a MIDI command from my controller and SLM finishes the current song, then automatically starts the next song

In other words, you want to loop one recording until you send a message, then proceed to the next recording? No. But other apps are available that offer the kind of looping functionality you're looking for.