Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Metronome doesn't flash anymore, the whole screen does

Started by ericdarnell, August 29, 2014, 09:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericdarnell

When I first started using setlist maker only the metronome icon flashed when I touched it.  Now the whole screen flashes.  This started happening about 2 weeks ago.

thanks,

Eric

arlo

Yes, some people wanted a bigger flashing area ... this is actually similar to the functionality in earlier versions. But you can turn it off in Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Background Flash if you prefer not to use it.

ericdarnell

Pongo

Hi Arlo,

When I have the option enabled to flash the screen, I see the yellow flash indicating the downbeat. When I turn this option off and just see the metronome icon in my layout, the downbeat color doesn't change. Is there a separate setting for that?

Thanks,

arlo

No, the tempo button itself only flashes with one color. Would you like to see the alternate color for the downbeat there, too?

Pongo

It would be nice, but by no means is it needed...unless it's an easy request to accommodate on your end.

Thanks,

arlo

I think it would be easy ... I'll try it for version 4.1.

Sander

Before the layout change, there was the option to flash screen borders while a document was open. This doesn't seem to be available anymore. Hopefully it can be considered for an update again?

arlo

Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Background Flash will work if your document fills most of the screen but isn't opened full-screen. I think that's how it worked in version 3.x, but I can't remember for sure.

Sander

That is true, BUT in the previous version if I hit the document button, it would open the document in the "almost full screen" mode and the actual setlist would disappear, leaving only the specified buttons on the left and some minimal info on top. Closing the document would bring me back to setlist mode.
As far as I've understood the new performance mode, there is no way to quickly switch between those two modes, there is only full screen document, or the split screen view.
In the default split view, my documents are waaaaay too small. If I drag the split point far enough left to read the documents, the setlist itself becomes useless. If I have the split point far enough to the right to have a normal clear setlist view, I can't read the documents, so I have to rely on maximizing them by tapping for quick operation. It would be really nice to have an option to have the metronome flash the borders in that case.

Maybe I'm not understanding the new view mode as well as I thought and there is a simple solution for this?

Sander

Thank you, I think while different, that is a very workable solution for me! And it lets me edit songs from the show view too. I'll dive back into the layout options, it seems I did miss a few things.

arlo

Quote from: Pongo on October 01, 2014, 07:16:09 PM
When I have the option enabled to flash the screen, I see the yellow flash indicating the downbeat. When I turn this option off and just see the metronome icon in my layout, the downbeat color doesn't change. Is there a separate setting for that?

This is included in the upcoming app version 4.1:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html
http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,848.0.html